"All's Wool That End's Wool" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Solver update!

Darrell
DrTom
wendy walker
ajk
markhr
Dow Jones
Cindy Heisler
lbray53
Tyrpmom
Ergcat
MrTheHan
CPJohnson
KayW
Pair O Ducks
Laura M
kymike

That brings us up to 33.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

We needed all the Wednesday nudges! Thanks for the great puzzle @benchen71 ! Happy new year!
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Yes, Ben certainly did! That lad can certainly spin a yarn, uh I mean puzzle. At least he didn’t needle us about it.

Happy New Year All
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Qmark

Post by Qmark »

Thanks Ben...got it with the help of the nudges.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

This is looking like it might be a tough one without the nudges, but we'll see what happens!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 91. You'll Turn It Around
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Solver update:

Samik
Teamdoubletow
Carolyn
Bbaack
Qmark
Katiedid

We've ended up with 39 in the end. Not bad for a harder puzzle!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the solution to "All's Wool That Ends Wool":

All's Wool That Ends Wool (solution).png

The short film in question can be viewed here:

As you can see, Purl herself is very aptly described as a knitting circle!
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Not looking not looking…. just got here because WWalker mentioned a puzzle about knitting (which I was doing at that moment). Will dive into this one right now. ( :

yup. cute. had to peek at the first one to get the idea…
The other Wendy. :roll: