Double or Nothing

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
Wendy Walker

Double or Nothing

Post by Wendy Walker »

Yay! We haven't had one of these for a while. The quotation actually helped me with the rest of the answers.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Very much enjoyed!
KayW

Post by KayW »

Fun! And yep I googled the quote early on and that was a big help to me, too.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

I thought that the quote could have had a better second part, i.e., the part that follows the first six words. I thought of a couple, but they were a bit crude. So are the ones on Reddit, and they're mostly not even clever.
Jay
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

One of my favorite formats. Been trying to find more.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

Bird Lives wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:46 am I thought that the quote could have had a better second part, i.e., the part that follows the first six words. I thought of a couple, but they were a bit crude. So are the ones on Reddit, and they're mostly not even clever.
Speaking of sex.... I was looking out the window at the Lake yesterday morning and wondered what kind of animal that was out by the flag pole. I could just see something's head, but couldn't tell what it was. I went out to look and saw a turtle that looked like it had gotten turned over on its back. I thought I would go over and see if I could help. As I got closer, I saw the other turtle in front of the one I first saw. The wildlife were getting wild right out in the open in broad daylight. I was SHOCKED I tell you. :D
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

SewYoung wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:08 pm
Bird Lives wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:46 am I thought that the quote could have had a better second part, i.e., the part that follows the first six words. I thought of a couple, but they were a bit crude. So are the ones on Reddit, and they're mostly not even clever.
Speaking of sex.... I was looking out the window at the Lake yesterday morning and wondered what kind of animal that was out by the flag pole. I could just see something's head, but couldn't tell what it was. I went out to look and saw a turtle that looked like it had gotten turned over on its back. I thought I would go over and see if I could help. As I got closer, I saw the other turtle in front of the one I first saw. The wildlife were getting wild right out in the open in broad daylight. I was SHOCKED I tell you. :D
Ogden Nash

The turtle lives 'twixt plated decks
Which practically conceal its sex.
I think it clever of the turtle
In such a fix to be so fertile.
Jay
iggystan

Post by iggystan »

Another gem from PB. I like this format, makes you think a little differently.