"Unnecessarily Repetitive" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
Abide

Post by Abide »

Pre-nudge success 🏰
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Two more solvers, bringing us to 44:

Abide
Golem
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

I forgot to post nudges! Here they are, in order of increasing blatancy:

1. The central clue and entry is the meta hint: Appropriate name for terms like "PIN number" and "ATM machine", which is RAS SYNDROME.

2. RAS SYNDROME stands for "Repetitive Acronym Syndrome Syndrome".

3. There are three examples of RAS Syndrome in the grid. But they are not found together like 33 across is.

4. The meta answer is a further example of RAS Syndrome and needs to be submitted in its redundant form.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

The good news is that I figured out all of this on Tuesday. The bad news is that I still don't know what the answer is.

EDIT: The better news is that I finally found it. I guess I needed the confidence provided by the spoilers to dig just a little deeper.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Same as others.... missed something necessary for a while....
Now there... or there... or there...
Untitledtoomanycastles.png
Thanks, Ben!
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Finally got it, after the nudges. Thanks, Ben!
Cynthia
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

The moat is crossed. Thanks, Ben.
Cindy Heisler
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the last batch of solvers, bringing us to 52:

whimsy
Jeremy Smith
CPJohnson
lbray53
BarbaraK
Carolyn
Cindy Heisler
clev
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the solution to "Unnecessarily Repetitive":

Unnecessarily Repetitive (solution).png

And here's a fun EDM version of Hillsong United's "Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" for you!

hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

So I put Electronic Dance Music in Crosshare and got rejected. I guess I was wasn't repetitive enough!
Heidi
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

hcbirker wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:30 pm So I put Electronic Dance Music in Crosshare and got rejected. I guess I was wasn't repetitive enough!
I deliberately didn't include alternate solutions this week!