A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 2955
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
The title of this week's contest is "Aftermath" by Mike Shenk.
The answer to this week's meta is a six letter math term.
Good luck with the grid and the meta.
- Posts: 1375
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:37 pm
- Location: Virginia
On shore. Grid not finished, but enough that I’m sure.
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:10 am
- Location: Chicago
- Posts: 420
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: PDX, via NH/VT
Meta fully solved, will finish grid.
Edit: ok, grid done.
Last edited by C=64
on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 625
- Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:09 pm
- Location: Houston, TX
Solved and submitted
Meta Nudges - If you need some help, please feel free to PM me with what you have tried and where you are stuck.
Cryptic Puzzles - If you are stuck or want to understand how to parse a clue, please feel free to PM me.
Jim and Anita
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 pm
- Location: State College, PA
- Posts: 1527
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
On the beach; in a word, I’m home free. Here’s a lim’rick to say “Guinness me.” To be safe, I’ve agreed not to use a linefeed, lest I’m charged with the dread “P.O.E.”
- Posts: 151
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:18 pm
On shore. An easy fast to all who are observing.
- Posts: 1946
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:46 am
- Location: Cincinnati
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:12 am
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:26 am
- Location: Connecticut
Solved, submitted, straightforward.
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:31 am
- Location: Metro Detroit
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:39 am
Done and dusted. Rolling Rock pony for me!
- Posts: 903
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
On shore with some friends!
Last edited by Wendy Walker
on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good luck, fellow Muggles! I'm happy to give nudges, but only if you're still stuck on Sunday. Just send me a PM and tell me what you've tried so far.
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:54 pm
- Location: Durham, NC
Ashore! I have a cool math-related cheer I’ll add come Monday AM. In the meantime, Zombie Dust me!
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:44 pm
- Location: Nahant, MA
Mai tai me, please!
Last edited by Cap'n Rick
on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 175
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:12 pm
I'm ashore after only minor stumbles.
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:57 am
- Location: Atlanta, GA
Ashore. Page One 2 weeks running!
Edited to add: G&T me, please, Senor Cabana Boy.
Last edited by MatthewL
on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 915
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm
- Location: Matthews
- Posts: 416
- Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 12:03 pm
- Location: Chicago