"Two For The Show" - April 2, 2021

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
CallMeShane

Post by CallMeShane »

Finally!!!!!!!

I need easier ones. This one was the death of me.
TPS

Post by TPS »

TPS wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:39 pm Got a super late start but I can't even get through the grid - I think that might be a first for me for WSJCC. I might pick it up later this weekend but its never a great start when I can't finish the grid.
Finally got back to this - had to cheat to finish the grid. After that didn't have much steam to finish the meta. I had a couple ideas but nothing panned out - So my longest streak officially ends.

Also, I my need a break from crosswords - with work and life returning to normal I just haven't been feeling the passion - this was the first week I can remember where I almost just gave up on the grid.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Nada here so far. Will take another look before conceding defeat.
camandsampowercouple

Post by camandsampowercouple »

So I think I finally grabbed onto something concrete, but it's very messy and that makes me feel like it's not as concrete as I thought. It's definitely more solid than any of the other rabbits I've been chasing. I've got school work and reading to do, and I still have to finish the NYT Sunday puzzle, maybe I'll be able to crack this one in the final hour.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

A hint helped me solve, so I'm staying with Isaac on board. It was certainly in my wheelhouse & I should have solved. It's a clever, relatively straightforward meta.

Congrats to all solvers & KISthoseyettoSolve.
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 ENORMOUS 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲:
𝟰𝟬% 𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰,
𝟯𝟬% 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰,
𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 & 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮. 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗘!
debbierudy

Post by debbierudy »

Ashore! Eggs are hidden for the grandkids, so now it's mimosa time. Happy Easter!
bhamren

Post by bhamren »

Ashore after looking at it again
Powers2020

Post by Powers2020 »

Almost drowned on the journey, but finally flopped onto shore! Good one!
anaerobe

Post by anaerobe »

Submitted. Not sure. Had fun. Good luck!
gatogato

Post by gatogato »

Ashore. That was fun.
Eric Porter

Post by Eric Porter »

Ashore with a nudge.

Oddly, my original guess turned out to be correct, though I wasn't on the right track. I suspect we'll have a few others guess correctly.
Harbo

Post by Harbo »

Newbie here. Had to review old puzzles to twist my brain in the right direction. Didn’t want to be left on the boat two weeks straight after getting ashore for many months. Slow boat to shore has finally arrived.
khanthedane

Post by khanthedane »

Is it just me or is this week's puzzle a doozy?! I've gone down a few rabbit holes and came up with no easter eggs. Open to any friendly nudges, if anyone is willing.
JRS51

Post by JRS51 »

I was happy when I finished struggling and completed the grid.
Happy also to send my donation.
Not so happy to report I’m still with Isaac, even though the group here is quite friendly and getting a little rowdy as the deadline approaches.
I’ll take another look later based on many comments from others about keeping it simple and the answer may jump out at you.
Deb F

Post by Deb F »

Took a bit for the synapses to connect but have arrived safely on shore. Not an Easter bunny to be seen!

Happy Easter, Muggles.🐰
Lyman

Post by Lyman »

I'm with Isaac, but my tip has gone in Brian's tip jar.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

For those still working on it, DrTom got a very good suggestion. Get a brand new blank copy of the puzzle and start over again. You may notice something you've been overlooking staring at your completed puzzle.
Notbitter

Post by Notbitter »

On shore after a late start. I’d like a Sazerac at the Tiki bar, please.
Commodore

Post by Commodore »

As exciting as an AHA moment, or a buzzer-beater in OT to advance to a championship....
6 Hours Left on this week's puzzle. And to win Wendy's Three Tenors collection. (She'll dust it off, I'm sure.)
Will the Muggles beat the clock?

A handful of Muggle donations will do it. Who will put us over the top? Good chance it's you. Right now!
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 5.54.36 PM.png
Janet P

Post by Janet P »

Bob cruise director wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:49 pm
Janet P wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:57 am Shoot! Thought I might beat the noon report today to say that I made my way to the beach. Streak intact :)
Sorry - the noon report was early because I was summoned to run over to the market for a couple of things for Easter dinner
What a lovely thing to do!
I actually should have posted late yesterday, but I was busy with (guess what!) the laundry :lol: