#11a - "The More Things Stay the Same, the More They Change"

Creative and challenging meta crosswords (currently on hiatus) from: www.pgwcc.net
Hector

#11a - "The More Things Stay the Same, the More They Change"

Post by Hector »

The answer to metapuzzle #11a is a fruit smaller than a baseball that could have been a seventh theme entry.
Hector

Post by Hector »

I have found two answers for the meta that both seem to work solidly. Peter has told me that the one I'd submitted is incorrect, so either I'm missing something (most likely) or maybe we speak different dialects.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

I feel pretty sure that I've figured this one out, but going to wait a bit before I submit it.
Beth Tyrpin

Post by Beth Tyrpin »

I don’t see it yet.
LesY

Post by LesY »

Am finding these smaller ones to be more challenging than many of the larger ones! 98% sure I've seen what I'm supposed to see. But I'm pausing on the same "dialect" concern Hector raised. That said, I've only come up with one answer I like - will be interested to hear the alternative(s) later.

If I don't see anything better by tomorrow morning I'll submit what I have - to clear the decks for MGWCC Week 4.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

I submitted my answer. If my thinking was correct, I didn't see an alternative answer that would work.
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

I just submitted my answer, and I'm pretty confident about it. I thought I was onto something but couldn't quite seal the deal, and then I accidentally saw something which thankfully extracted me from the original l-o-o-o-o-ng rabbit hole I was pursuing/forcing. Man, I am liking PGW metas... How can we get more people to start noticing them?
LesY

Post by LesY »

I got it following the prompt revision. Was on the right path but had taken a slight wrong turn right at the end.
Anita

Post by Anita »

Gee, I'm not seeing this one at all.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

For me, #11 was a Kas 4 (shoulda got it, if I wasn't so dense), and #11a (this one) was a Kas 5 (couldn't solve it in a million years). Very creative concept--all of these puzzles have been creative in a variety of ways!