MGWCC #829 — "You In or Out?"

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
HunterX

Post by HunterX »

HoldThatThought wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:31 pm If only someone would invent some sort of easy-to-use tool that would allow the general public to look up stuff like "What film won the first ever Best Picture Oscar?" or even "Do British people spell the word "Décor" with a "u"?", that would be so amazingly useful.
Well, there have been plenty of times when I went to look something up on the internet and the first 10 results of my query all were ones like:

(Query) crossword clue answer

Though that just tells me I'm looking up something that I probably should know from having done so many crossword puzzles. I can rattle off lots of 3-letter sports figures and musicians!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Always add "crossword" to the end of your searches. It's a big, fat cheat code.
HoldThatThought

Post by HoldThatThought »

Here's another helpful hack:

You can predict the number of marriages that a person has had by asking them whether they did crosswords with their spouse, or shared crosswords with their spouse.