Harper’s May Puzzle —ABECEDARIAN JIGSAW

Enter if you dare!
oldjudge

Harper’s May Puzzle —ABECEDARIAN JIGSAW

Post by oldjudge »

This puzzle played hard for me. When I finished it I was still uncertain on a few of the word plays, but I have since figured them out. If anyone needs help please feel free to message me. Enjoy!
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

It was a fun challenge. I think I understand everything except part of the clue to 10 across seems a bit off. Look forward to finding out what I’m missing!
hoover

Post by hoover »

I don't have a subscription to Harper's, so I googled "ABECEDARIAN JIGSAW" and found that Harper's has run at least three puzzles with that title! One in June 1978 by Cox & Rathvon, one in November 1982 by E. R. Galli, and this one in May 2024 by Maltby.

(Edit: I'll use my library card to access the issue.)
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Leslie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:29 pm It was a fun challenge. I think I understand everything except part of the clue to 10 across seems a bit off. Look forward to finding out what I’m missing!
I can explain my interpretation of 10a, if you’d like to PM me. I believe I understand it.

Fun puzzle! Started hard for me, but eventually rolled.
hoover

Post by hoover »

hoover wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:43 pm (Edit: I'll use my library card to access the issue.)
Well, piffle! None of the libraries at which I have borrowing privileges has the electronic format (or access through a database), and the library I work at still has the April issue on the display.