WordroW

A place to discuss regular (non-meta) crossword puzzles.
Abide

WordroW

Post by Abide »

I just solved @thewalrus's WordroW, Can you beat my score?

Mon, Apr 1, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒

https://thewalrus.ca/games/wordrow/?id= ... pe=wordrow

I’m officially on a roll! At first I thought this was an April Fool’s trick where every first guess wins, but nope, that was the word.

WordroW varies the number of letters and chances each day. This was my second day. 🌈
hoover

Post by hoover »

Abide wrote: ↑Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:33 pm I just solved @thewalrus's WordroW, Can you beat my score?

Mon, Apr 1, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒

I’m officially on a roll! At first I thought this was an April Fool’s trick where every first guess wins, but nope, that was the word.

WordroW varies the number of letters and chances each day. This was my second day. 🌈
:lol:

I got it in 2, but I don't see how to copy and paste your scores.
Barney

Post by Barney »

I just solved @thewalrus's WordroW, Can you beat my score?

Mon, Apr 1, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒
🟒⚫️🟒⚫️🟒
⚫️⚫️🟑⚫️⚫️

β–Ί Show Spoiler
β–Ί Show Spoiler
Barney

Post by Barney »

hoover wrote: ↑Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:22 pm
Abide wrote: ↑Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:33 pm I just solved @thewalrus's WordroW, Can you beat my score?

Mon, Apr 1, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒

Click on the third circle ~~ with two overlapping squares
Abide

Post by Abide »

Solved in 2; what a bummer πŸ˜‰

I just solved @thewalrus's WordroW.

Wed, Apr 3, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒
⚫️⚫️🟑🟒

Barney

Post by Barney »

Mon, Apr 1, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒

Meg

Post by Meg »

Haha! Again!
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
hoover

Post by hoover »

Barney wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:57 am

Mon, Apr 1, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒

It took a bit but I figured out you were talking about the copy icon that's under the Share menu under the hamburger menu. There isn't a simple "Share this" or copy icon from the popup that shows your score.

Thu, Apr 4, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒
🟒🟒🟒🟒⚫️
🟒🟒🟒🟒⚫️
🟑🟑🟑⚫️⚫️
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

LOL!
woozy

Post by woozy »

I'm kind of annoyed. The instructions say, and I quote, "words shorter or longer than 5 letters and multiple words can be used". So my first entry was "AS YET". And the response was "Hmm, is that a word?"

Grrrrrrr.....
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Barney

Post by Barney »

woozy wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:06 pm I'm kind of annoyed. The instructions say, and I quote, "words shorter or longer than 5 letters and multiple words can be used". So my first entry was "AS YET". And the response was "Hmm, is that a word?"

Grrrrrrr.....
I cannot figure this game out or find instructions to it.

Call me when that changes; otherwise pass.

Not ready for prime time.
Barney

Post by Barney »

hoover wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:56 am

It took a bit but I figured out you were talking about the copy icon that's under the Share menu under the hamburger menu. There isn't a simple "Share this" or copy icon from the popup that shows your score.

Thu, Apr 4, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒
🟒🟒🟒🟒⚫️
🟒🟒🟒🟒⚫️
🟑🟑🟑⚫️⚫️
Honestly, that’s the only thing about the game I’ve been able to figure out.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Barney wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:30 pm
woozy wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:06 pm I'm kind of annoyed. The instructions say, and I quote, "words shorter or longer than 5 letters and multiple words can be used". So my first entry was "AS YET". And the response was "Hmm, is that a word?"

Grrrrrrr.....

It's not *that* bad. The rules are the exact same as Wordle (which is assumed to be universally known... which is in itself frustrating, but not insurmountably so). I did figure when the said longer or shorter words are acceptable that what they mean is they may choose a longer or shorter word and when they do there will be fewer or more spaces to fill so we will know. And we will have to enter words of the correct length. I haven't found one with multple words but I now assume we will so a word space if they do one.

It's in all not *that* bad if you are familiar with wordle.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
hoover

Post by hoover »

Barney wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:31 pm
hoover wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:56 am

Thu, Apr 4, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒
🟒🟒🟒🟒⚫️
🟒🟒🟒🟒⚫️
🟑🟑🟑⚫️⚫️
Honestly, that’s the only thing about the game I’ve been able to figure out.
Barney

Post by Barney »

woozy wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:27 pm

Grrrrrrr.....

It's not *that* bad. The rules are the exact same as Wordle (which is assumed to be universally known... which is in itself frustrating, but not insurmountably so). I did figure when the said longer or shorter words are acceptable that what they mean is they may choose a longer or shorter word and when they do there will be fewer or more spaces to fill so we will know. And we will have to enter words of the correct length. I haven't found one with multple words but I now assume we will so a word space if they do one.

Actually it’s worse

And I have been Wordling since Josh Wardle invented it!

Their website is nothing but glitchy and unexplained
woozy

Post by woozy »

Barney wrote: ↑Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:10 pm
woozy wrote: ↑Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:27 pm

Actually it’s worse

And I have been Wordling since Josh Wardle invented it!

Their website is nothing but glitchy and unexplained
Well, I'm certainly not going to claim it's unglitchy and explained but that seems a bit harsh. But then again I don't see this ever becoming one of steady haunts. If I go back to it today it'll be out of idle ennui and I doubt I'll remember it in a few days.
hoover

Post by hoover »

Lucked out on the first guess. There was only one of the three places where the yellow letter would work, and after that, there were not many valid words with that pattern.

Fri, Apr 5, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒
⚫️🟒⚫️🟒⚫️🟑
Abide

Post by Abide »

Not glitchy to me...

Fri, Apr 5, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒
🟒🟒🟑⚫️🟒🟑
⚫️🟒⚫️⚫️🟒🟑
⚫️🟒⚫️⚫️🟑⚫️

https://thewalrus.ca/games/wordrow/
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
β€”Brian MacDonald
Barney

Post by Barney »

Abide wrote: ↑Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:17 pm Not glitchy to me...

Fri, Apr 5, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒
🟒🟒🟑⚫️🟒🟑
⚫️🟒⚫️⚫️🟒🟑
⚫️🟒⚫️⚫️🟑⚫️

https://thewalrus.ca/games/wordrow/
Today it worked. Previously in the week it had given me only the four-letter puzzle from Monday!

Fri, Apr 5, 2024
🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒🟒
🟒🟑⚫️🟑🟑⚫️
🟒⚫️⚫️⚫️🟑🟑

Abide

Post by Abide »

Possibly on PC it caches the previous puzzle. I solve on phone and get the new one every day.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
β€”Brian MacDonald