"Never Forget" March 22, 2024

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
wescovington

Post by wescovington »

Wow, that was amazing once I saw it. I'm ashore.
Katiedid

Post by Katiedid »

Looking forward to being amazed, but for now I don't see anything.
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

REMINDER: Don't forget! Our weekly muggle ZOOM session will be at 4:30 Eastern Time today. Please join us for a lively discussion of today's WSJ puzzle as we unravel potential pitfalls and rescue those who have found fruitless rabbit holes. All are welcome to spend some time with muggle friends, whether you have solved or not.

Click on the Muggle Zoom Room tab at the top of the page. Hope to see you there!
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
Jayboy1

Post by Jayboy1 »

On shore, I think!
Homer Buckle

Post by Homer Buckle »

Isaac - I'll have another please.
Beth C

Post by Beth C »

Ashore!
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Eric Porter wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:16 pm Toes in sand!

After a few times coming back to it, I saw it. While this mechanism is rather unique, the first thing I noticed has been key to solving prior puzzles.

I'm skiing at Snowbird this week and I already had a 5.0 beer, the maximum you can buy at a grocery store in Utah.
@Eric Porter Great mountain but not one for beginners. My sister and brother in law are at their condo at the bottom of Little Cottonwood Canyon.

have fun and stay safe.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
b4alltime

Post by b4alltime »

On shore, thankfully it came to me after a good night's sleep.
Regards to all.
Jim
HeyMikey

Post by HeyMikey »

Made it to shore after a nudge from puzzle buddy Jane. She has pulled me from the rabbit hole once again. Ready for a three-day beach party!
I prefer my kale with a silent K.
turbotron

Post by turbotron »

Fun grid, but keep 'em coming, Isaac..
Ergcat

Post by Ergcat »

🏝on shore🏝 saw something interesting yesterday but dismissed it then today came back and thought maybe that’s the path…. And it was! 🍷 maybe later after I get grandkids to sleep!
Last edited by Ergcat on Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Streroto

Post by Streroto »

Saved this for the airplane as I seem to do my best work there but even the thin air has not helped my brain so far! So many rabbit holes and I suspect based on the thread so far I am making this more difficult than it is. I might be joining the zoom call today...

Stay well all
BigPear

Post by BigPear »

Ashore! Went down a few rabbit holes along the way and then saw it with fresh eyes. Amazing!
woozy

Post by woozy »

Oog. Really hate this stage of the game when you know there is something to see but know you can't force yourself to see it. This is especially annoying as this is supposedly both easy (!HAH!) and clever (...yeah, grumble, I bet....)
I guess I should change my signature, and start promoting this meta: Hungry Little Creature. I was going to sent it to people for testing but I dropped the ball on it.
LittleGood

Post by LittleGood »

Chillin' on the boat.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Still at sea. Have to put it down for awhile
JaneGummy

Post by JaneGummy »

On the shore, but I needed a nudge, I'm in absolute awe of all who solo solve every week! And in awe of the brilliant minds that create these puzzles.

Will miss the Zoomers as I'm going to the Carole King musical Beautiful tonight. Have a great weekend everyone.
Acarl

Post by Acarl »

Wow. This was truly amazing. I swam to the shallows and my buddy EVJ, as usual, dragged me the last step. Thanks Mr gaffney!
EVJ

Post by EVJ »

Ashore! Team solve with Acarl. She saw it first and I brought up the rear. What an amazing meta this is.
Cindy N

Post by Cindy N »

Yeah. No. See you on the call!