"Form One Line, Please" - March 17th, 2024

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

BarbaraK wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:39 pm Hmm. I noticed something right before I needed to go make dinner, and I was sure that as soon as I got back to it, I’d have it. But now, after dealing with real life, I’m looking again, and what I saw absolutely has to be part of it, but it’s not going anywhere yet. Obviously more steps before or after. Hmm.
When what seemed the obvious second step led me to something that couldn't possible be right, I reached out to Will and told him what I'd seen and the ridiculous thing I was considering trying. He told me to not do ridiculous stuff and to stick with the obvious first step. So I looked again and realized that the part that could not possibly be part of anything was in fact part of something, and I promptly found the next step.

Then I tried a whole bunch of ways of getting a name out of that, and none of them worked (though some were amusingly close). Slept on it, still nothing, and was getting ready to write for another hint when I thought of one more thing to try, and it worked! Got a name! Got the right name!

What an excellent meta! Great job, Will!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

Got it with help. Challenging? Yes, yes it was
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Will there be nudges published? In the words of Al Pacino… I’m in the DAHK he-yah.
The other Wendy. :roll:
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

HeadinHome wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:34 pm Will there be nudges published? In the words of Al Pacino… I’m in the DAHK he-yah.
Will offers one-on-one nudges by email but does not normally publish them. Tomorrow is the deadline, so don't know if he'll have time to reply today.

PM me if you wish.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)