ACPT 2024

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
docison

ACPT 2024

Post by docison »

Anyone planning on attending this year? Please let me know (including your real name if you are willing!). Hope to meet some new Muggles!

Adam
clonefitz

Post by clonefitz »

I was planning to, but the events were full when I went to register. I'll try again (earlier) next year! I've only participated once before, in 2022. I really enjoyed it. Even if the Muggles aren't out in force, you'll meet a lot of wonderful people.
docison

Post by docison »

Yes, it is a great time for sure! This will be my 5th time going, and I've made some great friends doing so. I just wish I had started attending long ago!

Sorry you won't be able to make it this year...
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Please post more videos of you winning speed-solving competitions on stage at an easel!

Muggles, Adam @docison is incredibly fast! For those who've ever doubted anyone can solve a 15x15 grid in 3 or 4 minutes, you'll believe.
docison

Post by docison »

Haha, thanks for the ego boost, Joe!

Sadly, the nature of the ACPT ranking system is such that I will not be back on stage for many years, even under the most optimistic scenarios! The silver lining of this is that I don't need to think at all about what to wear to the tournament :)
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

docison wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:42 pm Anyone planning on attending this year? Please let me know (including your real name if you are willing!). Hope to meet some new Muggles!

Adam
I’ll be there! Enjoyed meeting you last year!
DCBilly

Post by DCBilly »

Hi, I will be there wearing my real life name Bill Wilkins. I'll be the bald guy holding a clipboard, ha ha. Hope we can say hello. Went for five years 2015-2019, this will be my first time back since Covid.
docison

Post by docison »

DCBilly wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:34 am Hi, I will be there wearing my real life name Bill Wilkins. I'll be the bald guy holding a clipboard, ha ha. Hope we can say hello. Went for five years 2015-2019, this will be my first time back since Covid.
Look forward to meeting you!
DCBilly

Post by DCBilly »

Hm, I wonder if the Friday Zoom will work from Amtrak. Based on previous experience, probably not…
docison

Post by docison »

DCBilly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:07 pm Hm, I wonder if the Friday Zoom will work from Amtrak. Based on previous experience, probably not…
Well, if I've posted that I've solved the puzzle by then, feel free to grab me and ask for tips :)
DCBilly

Post by DCBilly »

docison wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:17 am
DCBilly wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:07 pm Hm, I wonder if the Friday Zoom will work from Amtrak. Based on previous experience, probably not…
Well, if I've posted that I've solved the puzzle by then, feel free to grab me and ask for tips :)
Golly, I hope I've solved by then.. BTW I have no idea how to share a photo on the Muggles Forum but getting a Muggle photo seems like a good idea. Maybe with a celeb (looks like Gaffney/Schenck not attending but Muller/Mack and Peter Gordon are....)
docison

Post by docison »

DCBilly wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:25 pm
docison wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:17 am
Golly, I hope I've solved by then.. BTW I have no idea how to share a photo on the Muggles Forum but getting a Muggle photo seems like a good idea. Maybe with a celeb (looks like Gaffney/Schenck not attending but Muller/Mack and Peter Gordon are....)
I don't think Gaffney has been there - at least in my recollection. Peter Gordon is a competitor (and quite fast!) and Pete Muller has said he will be there to MC the talent show, thankfully. I expect that Shenk will be there also - he usually is as a judge (and so he can wave when past champions are named :).
DCBilly

Post by DCBilly »

Yeah, just randomly, based on the place I like to sit, I have had Peter Gordon, David Plotkin, and Dan Feyer as my next door neighbors in past years. So I quickly got over fretting too much about the fast people. BTW, Peter solves in ink.
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

DCBilly wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:34 am Hi, I will be there wearing my real life name Bill Wilkins. I'll be the bald guy holding a clipboard, ha ha. Hope we can say hello.
All the bald-ish guys at the tournament were probably wondering why I was checking out their name tags! Sadly I never ran into you, but hope you had a great time! (Passed by docison a couple of times, but he was always engrossed in conversation.) It was great to see Will Shortz and Pete Muller sharing hosting duties!
DCBilly

Post by DCBilly »

Leslie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:30 pm
DCBilly wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:34 am Hi, I will be there wearing my real life name Bill Wilkins. I'll be the bald guy holding a clipboard, ha ha. Hope we can say hello.
All the bald-ish guys at the tournament were probably wondering why I was checking out their name tags! Sadly I never ran into you, but hope you had a great time! (Passed by docison a couple of times, but he was always engrossed in conversation.) It was great to see Will Shortz and Pete Muller sharing hosting duties!
Next year! I did get to chat with Docison briefly as we both happened to catch great seats next to each other at the bar for a few minutes of the Saturday night basketball broadcast. I had fun and came in 14th! (That is, 14th in the age 70-79 category...)
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

[/quote]
I had fun and came in 14th! (That is, 14th in the age 70-79 category...)
[/quote]

22nd for me! (In the 60s age category.)