Confused extra-terrestrial

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
woozy

Confused extra-terrestrial

Post by woozy »

Confused Extra Terrestrial

The answer to the meta is a two word phrase I said when I realized this crazy idea I had for a meta would actually be possible

I'm going to throw this one out there. It's a little hard but I think it will have a nice Aha moment. It may be hard but in its favor it's very clear where to focus. (It's all about breaking the themers. And has nothing to do with space or aliens or the moon) I really rather liked the way the themers actually came out.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Meg

Post by Meg »

Yay!! It didn’t take all day! Thanks, Woozy.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Some nudges:

The themers should be obviously marked. Figure out what to do with the themers and the numbers

That's all it is. There's nothing anywhere else in the grids or the clues

Do the themer entries have anything in common.

Since the themers are of ridiculously different lengths, letters, content, number of words, etc it's pretty obvious the themers in their final form not only don't have anything in common, they can't have anything in common

So the themers don't have anything in common but the must have at one time. Can you think about seven related things that can be modified in some way to get the seven themers (Try writing them on paper)

What do you think "confused" means?

What do you think "extra" means?

Okay, "terrestrial" is a little loose. But I told you it has nothing to do with space or aliens. It kind of has something to do with Earth

So... seven things in a category about earth that get confused and something extra is involved. Well.....[\spoiler]
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

Nudges did the trick. Thanks for the puzzle!
Matthew
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Definitely needed nudges!
Thanks, woozy!
KayW

Post by KayW »

:crossed_swords: :rabbit: Nudged to the solution. Impressive construction - thanks!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.