MGWCC #822 — "Me Want Cookie"

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
Meg

Post by Meg »

No stress beamification.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
KayW

Post by KayW »

:alien: :flying_saucer: Beamed.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I tried downs only, but couldn’t do that.

I did figure out the meta without instructions.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
SamKat9

Post by SamKat9 »

Solved this one after having general anesthesia earlier (I'm totally fine, it was an elective and ambulatory surgery), so I didn't dare try with downs-only or no instructions as my brain is still in a bit of a haze 😶‍🌫️

Awaiting beam (and hoping I didn't make a dumb mistake in my entry).

ETA: I almost panicked for thinking I wasn't beamed with the update! It took me forever to find my name because like I said, I'm a little cognitively impaired at the moment 🫠
Last edited by SamKat9 on Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shannon 🐱
PS: If you want help with a meta, PM what you have so I can help without spoiling too much. I've received lots of help in the beginning and I love to pay it forward!
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Me too! (Want cookie). And some coffee to go with it, in this crazy wet cold weather. Beaming imminent, I’m sure.
The other Wendy. :roll:
rjy

Post by rjy »

Awaiting beamage, downs-only, no-instructions, tho had to peek at a few across clues to complete the grid-fill after the answer was well in hand. Happy weekend, all!
Ray
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Beam adjacent.
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

On the board at #358 -- pretty damn good if you ask me.
My big breakthrough was discovering that you can do downs-only in the .puz version. Just slide the clues divider all the way up.
Jay
woozy

Post by woozy »

Bird Lives wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:38 am On the board at #358 -- pretty damn good if you ask me.
My big breakthrough was discovering that you can do downs-only in the .puz version. Just slide the clues divider all the way up.
You.... are a genius.

That changes everything. It helps to wear the wrong glasses prescription as you open the file to prevent accidentally reading the defaulted first across clue.

EDIT: Still can't do downs only though.;'
Last edited by woozy on Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Katiedid

Post by Katiedid »

beamed up
Renee

Post by Renee »

dfhdfhd
Last edited by Renee on Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

Renee wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:30 pm Is it weird that I never send in my entries? I would read things here before I joined and it seems a lot of people are into the prizes and the streaks and the leaderboard and getting upset if it shows up late on Friday. Am I allowed to say I've beamed up if I just care about whether or not I solved it? I guess I get the right answer maybe 25 or 30 times a year.
It is whatever you make of it and whatever enjoyment you get from it... I don't think anyone here would think it's not legit if you don't submit or whatever. If you enjoy the puzzles, that's all that really matters. Like anything else, some people are more or less serious at it, but I don't feel there's any gatekeeping towards what makes a "real" solver or not.
Renee

Post by Renee »

fgnfgn
Last edited by Renee on Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrennerTJ

Post by BrennerTJ »

My favorite GS cookie.
MeWantCookie822.png
-Tamara