WSJ Acrostic, 2/24/2024

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
iggystan

WSJ Acrostic, 2/24/2024

Post by iggystan »

First time solving online, hoping to reduce my transcription errors. It worked, but I don't know if my time was slower. I can't recall how much time it usually takes me to solve with pencil and paper.
KayW

Post by KayW »

LOVE that these are available online. Acrostics are the one puzzle format I just about refuse to solve on paper now. Between my bad eyesight and bad aim I always have tons of transcription errors. And all that copying is just sooooo tedious.

Also - this week, WSJ finally seems to have fixed that caching problem or whatever was causing the puzzles to come up loaded with the previous solve's gibberish.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Yes, I remember the days of laboriously pencilling in and constantly erasing the NYT acrostic in the Sunday magazine. That could take the better part of the afternoon. Doing the WSJ acrostic online is much nicer.