What are your favorite daily/weekly puzzles?

A place to discuss regular (non-meta) crossword puzzles.
KayW

What are your favorite daily/weekly puzzles?

Post by KayW »

More puzzles to solve! Just what everyone needs, right? :lol:
Posting this in response to @Amanda Hugginkiss. I decided to make a separate thread here to help others who need more time-killers. Er... mental stimulation! Yeah, THAT's what these are.
Amanda Hugginkiss wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:42 am
KayW wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:30 pm :alien: :flying_saucer: Submitted, but confident. Agree it's meatier than some Week Ones, but I like this one a lot!

Also liking Jeff Chen's Squeezy game which Matt recommended. Oh dear, yet another word game added to my daily roster...
What else is in your daily roster? I need some fresh games!
First of all, there are some interesting suggestions in this article that @boharr linked earlier that I hadn't heard of. And have yet to try, but they are on my list to check out:
boharr wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:18 am WSJ story today (behind paywall):
From Wordle to Gordle, Fans Do Anything to Keep Their Streaks Alive
People go to great lengths so they don’t miss playing games that reset daily, from setting alarms at 12:01 a.m. to hiding in a bathroom stall on vacation. ’It’s emotionally damaging for me when I lose a streak.’

https://www.wsj.com/lifestyle/wordle-go ... lista_pos1

Gifted Unlocked Article
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
KayW

Post by KayW »

My list of puzzles:
The ubiquitous WORDLE.
CONNECTIONS - a word-grouping game.
THRICE - a trivia quiz.
TODDLE - a word-finding game.
PIXIE - a visual puzzle that stopped updating two days ago so I fear it has just gone defunct :( But you can still solve the archive.

And it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway!) - all the wonderful meta puzzles that get posted to this forum.

And all the WSJ daily (non-meta) and weekly variety and number puzzles. Except Killer Sudoku. That one's beyond me.

What's on your list?
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

I like the Washington Posts Codeword https://games.washingtonpost.com/games/codeword (but the forced ad watching is frustrating). You are given a crossword grid were the letters are assigned number and you must guess what letter goes to the numbers.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Amanda Hugginkiss

Post by Amanda Hugginkiss »

I love https://www.sedecordle.com/. You can play 16 Wordles at once and they have several variations.

If you like Wordle, here is a long list of variants:
Last edited by Amanda Hugginkiss on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Connections
Wordle
Letter Boxed
docison

Post by docison »

A couple of others that haven't been mentioned here:

https://anigrams.us/ (anagrams, of course!)

https://hryanjones.com/guess-my-word/ (enter a word, and you are told whether your word is before or after the target word alphabetically - 2 new words per day)

Also highly recommend the various Rows Garden subscriptions available, from Michael Blake, Andrew Ries, Joon Pahk, etc. Feel free to ask me if you can't find the links.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Amanda Hugginkiss wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:23 pm If you like Wordle, here is a long list of variants:
yeeps
Amanda Hugginkiss

Post by Amanda Hugginkiss »

Joe Ross wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:24 pm
Amanda Hugginkiss wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:23 pm If you like Wordle, here is a long list of variants:
yeeps
Yeah, I thought it was going to be a link, not an encyclopedia. 😂
Last edited by Amanda Hugginkiss on Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Amanda Hugginkiss wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:56 pm
yeeps
Yeah, I thought was going to be a link, not an encyclopedia. 😂
I enjoyed the list!

To be mean, I shared it with my herd of sisters. I won't be hearing from them for a few months.
KayW

Post by KayW »

Oh! forgot one...
Framed Guess the movie title from series of 6 stills.
Barney

Post by Barney »

yeeps
Yeeps nopes
Barney

Post by Barney »

boharr wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:24 pm Connections
Wordle
Letter Boxed
SquareWord

Hardle

WordroW
Barney

Post by Barney »

My life got much more pleasant when I stopped doing Quordle.
Meg

Post by Meg »

2 free apps with free daily puzzles
Red Herring
Kami 2
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.