Color Blind (year-end bonus puzzle)

A monthly, music-themed meta crossword published at noon on the first Tuesday of every month. The puzzles increase in difficulty each month, and at year end there is a 13th puzzle (the "Mega-Meta") that invokes each of the 12 monthly puzzles. Currently available at https://pmxwords.com/, as well as through the Washington Post website here: MMMM at WaPo
ChrisKochmanski

Color Blind (year-end bonus puzzle)

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

The puzzle asks for “a popular band from overseas”. For me, “popular” doesn’t necessarily mean “well known”. But I got it, with googling to confirm.

Thanks, Pete and Andrew!

Looking forward to MMMM for 2024!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Likewise. My first thought, which I also don't know much about, turned up in the grid so I knew that couldn't be it. A bit of googling got me the one that actually works, which I'd never heard of.

Fun puzzle!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Googling was required for me, too -- I had only the faintest bat-squeak of recognition when I came upon the answer.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
MMe

Post by MMe »

Did this puzzle go out by email to subscribers?
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

MMe wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:40 pm Did this puzzle go out by email to subscribers?
It was the bonus for those who donated by (I think) the 26th.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot about this as it got buried in my inbox! Fun puzzle! I'm another one who hadn't heard of the group, but Google worked.
Katiedid

Post by Katiedid »

I think I got it. It was fun. Never heard of the band, tho.