"How Very Scenic" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

Finally crossed the moat with the help of the nudges. Sometimes I just don't see what is right there to be seen. Very nice meta. Thanks, Ben. Happy New Year!
Cindy Heisler
KayW

Post by KayW »

:crossed_swords: :rabbit: :european_castle: Nudged across the moat again. Very well done, Ben - thanks!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Like Kay I have been nudged across. I was looking for a different word.
Heidi
ReB

Post by ReB »

Nudged across like many others, though the last nudge was more like a kick...Thanks
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Happy New Year, everyone! Wow, I think I "dropped the ball" here: I posted the nudges and then just disappeared... No matter, here's who solved since then:

DCBilly
Pair O Ducks
BobJas
Spid4567
Jaclyn
ajk
BarbaraK
Capn Rick
HeadinHome
JM
Carolyn
DrTom
Jeremy Smith
CPJohnson
Cindy Heisler
KayW
heidi
Mg305
ReB
Dow Jones
Tom Wilson
rjy
edestlin
atsirica111191

Woo hoo - that moved us from 22 to 46 solvers! And now it's on to the answer reveal...
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the solution to "How Very Scenic":

How Very Scenic (solution).png

I have to confess: I am of a certain age and subculture that the following song is the first thing that comes to mind! (I could only find a live version, so put up with the first minute or so of stage shenanigans for the song to get going properly!) :D

See you Tuesday for the first MOAT of 2024!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock: