MEOW #156 Do Over

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Sunday final report, one additional solver:

61 merlinnimue

Not too late to solve the MEOW before the "MG week four, delayed five days, wonder what that means" drops and everyone id otherwise occupied!!!!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Darn, got caught up with other things and forgot to do the reveal earlier.

It was after Bird Live’s “Resolution” puzzle and he and I were joking back and forth in PMs about other RE words. He came up with “Have the Osso Bucco again” for RE VEAL, and we batted around a few more. However when I came to REMEMBER I just knew I could not let it go and had to make a meta somehow. From there it was pretty smooth sailing and I saw I could get VAMPED pretty easily. Since REVAMPED is a word that, like the others, could be given a silly clue to get it (Called the bloodsuckers back to the castle?) and since it means to make something over so it looks different, it was the perfect word for a puzzle that was a Do Over. I also tossed everyone a nudge in the graphic since that is Mary Pickford in the 1st pic, and on the other side was the famous “vamp” Clara Bow.
DO OVER Banner.jpg
Do Over Graphic Reveal.jpg

It was also, for me, one of the most solved despite its slight digression with REMEMBER. I want to thank the 60+ of you for giving it a try and for all the kind comments.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!