Tricky Treats

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
Anita

Post by Anita »

I recognized your photo, "Clark". Had to go dig up my yearbook to confirm. ;-)
Clark E. Tripe

Post by Clark E. Tripe »

Final Leaderboard

Four more solvers bring us to 74:

Jerry Miccolis
DCBilly
Matthew
Qmark

Edit: Added Qmark.
Last edited by Clark E. Tripe on Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a paper tape guy in a punch card world"
Qmark

Post by Qmark »

Late getting to the puzzle, but solved it last night with no need for nudges. What a treat...Thanks Clark!
Clark E. Tripe

Post by Clark E. Tripe »

Not sure how you geniuses do the reveals, so I uploaded a a Polaroid after I applied some Crayolas.
IMG_3003.jpeg
So you probably noticed the four longer entries that made a C word and a Y word, which represents C-AND-Y. Then the lower words are different types of BARS. Which makes the answer CANDY BARS.

Turns out the four longer clues mentioned candy bars of one sort or the other. I didn’t realize this until someone pointed it out!

Hopefully my new ream of graph paper arrives this year, so I can make more of these things. The first week in April is circled in my Day-Timer. Thanks for the warm welcome back!
"I'm a paper tape guy in a punch card world"
KayW

Post by KayW »

Wow! I can’t believe I missed that face in the grid. Spooky icing on an already very tasty and well-crafted cake. And I loved hearing about all the latest goings on in Linux Habitation.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Nice one, "Clark"! And your grid art reminds me of a jack-o'-lantern I carved a few years ago.

Pumpkin in jail.jpg

Although your pumpkin looks much happier behind "bars" than mine. :D
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!