MEOW #152 Let My People Go

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
hoover

Post by hoover »

Bastet is still sleeping on the couch.
rjy

Post by rjy »

Taking a break from intermittently noodling (and noodling) this puzzle to wish you the happiest of birthdays - may all your celebrating be on the shore today!
Ray
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

hoover wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:34 am Bastet is still sleeping on the couch.
Just so long as the puzzle is not turning you into a Bastet case... :)
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

rjy wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:47 am Taking a break from intermittently noodling (and noodling) this puzzle to wish you the happiest of birthdays - may all your celebrating be on the shore today!
Thank you so much!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Ergcat

Post by Ergcat »

Happy Birthday, DrTom! the cat is still bagged .... not seeing my way out of Egypt.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Ergcat wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:45 pm Happy Birthday, DrTom! the cat is still bagged .... not seeing my way out of Egypt.
Sent you some directions for leaving the desert!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Out of the bag but definitely not letting my people go.
Untitledzzcommand.png
Thanks, DrTom!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Definitely not the rush to solve that I had hoped for, but not nothing either:

23 Abide
24 lbray53
25 Alex Sisti
26 Whimsy

I will post nudges tomorrow AM.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Maybe by tomorrow everyone will be finished, or frustrated, with WSJCC! I can hope.....
rjy

Post by rjy »

DrTom wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:12 pm Definitely not the rush to solve that I had hoped for, but not nothing either:
Solvers are but the tip of the iceberg… judge by the entirety of the iceberg! I ain’t got it yet but am thoroughly enjoying the journey, good doctor!
Ray
Darth

Post by Darth »

Hope yours was a happy birthday, @DrTom
404fb1fec262a7b7278f41ea10473348.jpg
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Darth wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:15 am Hope yours was a happy birthday, @DrTom
Aww, what a mice gift!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Time for the Friday nudges!

The graphic was actually intended to be a visual prompt to the mechanism

If the graphic did not work, perhaps the clunkily worded 73A will give you the needed push

Until I got some direction that the title, though fitting the purpose I wanted did not really fit the theme, I was going to call this GENESIS and EXODUS
rjy

Post by rjy »

GOT IT!! Ooo, could not get out of a certain rabbit hole, but the nudges freed the cat. Chuckled at how apt the answer turned out to be too… good one, DrT, thanks!
Ray
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

rjy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:37 am GOT IT!! Ooo, could not get out of a certain rabbit hole, but the nudges freed the cat. Chuckled at how apt the answer turned out to be too… good one, DrT, thanks!
Hmm, I wonder if it is the one I think????
woozy

Post by woozy »

Hmmm. Had I seen nudge 3 first I'd have been totally lost and never gotten it.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Ergcat

Post by Ergcat »

woozy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:55 am Hmmm. Had I seen nudge 3 first I'd have been totally lost and never gotten it.
Yeah! I’m still lost! I had already figured out nudge 1 & 2 but then nudge 3 just got me all lost again! 😂😂
woozy

Post by woozy »

Ergcat wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:48 pm
woozy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:55 am Hmmm. Had I seen nudge 3 first I'd have been totally lost and never gotten it.
Yeah! I’m still lost! I had already figured out nudge 1 & 2 but then nudge 3 just got me all lost again! 😂😂
Then ignore nudge 3. IMO it leads to a very definite and misleading red herring that really does have nothing to do with the meta.... Of course, if I had any idea what it was supposed to mean it might be useful but I have no idea what it meant.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
KayW

Post by KayW »

:crossed_swords: :rabbit: :cat: :birthday: Nice one, Tom! But how embarrassing that it took me quite a while to realize I'd seen this puzzle before under a different title. Looking on the bright side, I got to enjoy the AHA! moment twice.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Seems that my nudges need nudges!

What Nudge 3 is getting at is that Genesis is the beginning and Exodus is the ending...use that when evaluating the theme answers.