"High Fives" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
ajk

Post by ajk »

Needed the second nudge to remind me that I was already doing the right thing but needed to keep at it. Very spiffy indeed, thanks.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Castle stormed… where’s the mead??

Really enjoyed this one (prolly because I saw it pretty quickly, despite its cleverness). Keep ‘em coming, Benchen!!
The other Wendy. :roll:
Jeremy Smith

Post by Jeremy Smith »

After an easy WSJ, I''m completing the rest of this week's metas. Fun one! Thanks, Ben!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Nudge #3 launched me.

Untitledzzlaunch.png
Saw this at Urquhart Castle several years ago.
Never would have guessed then that it would come in so handy today.

Thank you, Ben, for another high-flyin' puzzle.
ReB

Post by ReB »

Crossed the MOAT with a lifeline...
KayW

Post by KayW »

:crossed_swords: :rabbit: :european_castle: Nudged across the moat. Fun one, and informational too. Thanks!
High five! (at a Halloween celebration at a nearby museum yesterday)
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Finally got to the MOAT and finally crossed it! Great job, @benchen71!
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

I'm happy I knew 38-A right away, but I haven't read any of her works (I hear they're pretty avant-garde).

Got the meta! Grid in 4 minutes, meta in another 3 or 4 or so. Fun and smooth, thanks Ben!

Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

I have been very remiss in not posting any solver updates since posting the nudges. And now it's time for the answer reveal! So here's the last solver update, bringing us to 55 solvers:

Darth
Dow Jones
SeamusOL
Pair O Ducks
Alex Sisti
hoover
Dave C
heidi
ajk
HeadinHome
Jerry Miccolis
Darrell
Jeremy Smith
Sendhil Revuluri
whimsy
MrTheHan
Katiedid
Julie bookworm
ReB
DIS
Spid4567
KayW
Capn Rick
Jaclyn
BarbaraK
Mikey G
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the solution to "High Fives":

High Fives (solution).png

This one turned out to be a lot easier than a "week 4". Perhaps tomorrow's Halloween "week 5" will make up for that! :o
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock: