Child's Play

Formerly known as the “Sunday Summer Substitute”, editor Cap'n Rick now takes the helm for 'Smooth Sailing Sundays'. As The Commodores sang about Sunday morning, the SSS will focus on easier metas. SSS will also support smaller grids and will mentor new constructors on request. Puzzles released each Sunday around 8am Eastern. Nudges released same day at Noon Eastern. New constructors are welcome.
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

Thanks for the puzzle, Jay - I realized I'd missed this one during the Tuesday call. Guess I was working on the MGWCC.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
Qmark

Post by Qmark »

Got to it late...no nudges needed...still took me longer to clue in than it should have. Thanks for a fun SSS meta!
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

All right, boys and girls – nap time, no more working on the crossword. Another twenty-eight solvers have toddled in bringing the total to fifty.

23. woozy
24. Dow Jones
25. GR
26. Laura M
27. Jaclyn
28. emmie
29. hoover
30. JHSeeman
31. CPJohnson
32. ChrisKochmanski
33. DCBilly
34. BethA
35. kurtalert
36. rjy
37. Tyrpmom
38. Berto
39. Streroto
40. Gutman
41. Rufus T Firefly
42. Rebecca Little
43. lbray53
44. DrTom
45. MarkWoychick
46. Schmeel
47. Qmark
48. kamashdad
49. rdavey1287
50. Katiedid

The prompt asked for a mode of transportation. The answer is BUS.

Each themer has a phrase that is repeated four times in “The Wheels on the Bus.” A detailed explanation can be found below the grid.
Solution 400.jpg
The wheels on the bus go round and round.
The people on the bus go up and down.
The driver on the bus says, “Move on back.”
The windows on the bus go open and shut.

The order of these after "round and round" can be varied and is a matter of personal preference as are other possible phrases that may be included, as you can discover by sampling the different versions available on the Internet though I don't advise it.

Thanks to all, through the town.
Jay