Marching Bands

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
iggystan

Marching Bands

Post by iggystan »

A good one from Mike. Two slow spots for me in row 1 and 4 but they finally fell.
Nino

Post by Nino »

After a close call a couple of weeks ago, this may be the first time I’ve been stumped. It’s just in one spot: the second part of Row 1 (and the second part of Band A).

Anybody else?
iggystan

Post by iggystan »

Nino wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:40 pm After a close call a couple of weeks ago, this may be the first time I’ve been stumped. It’s just in one spot: the second part of Row 1 (and the second part of Band A).

Anybody else?
That's exactly where I got stuck for a little while, until the brain cells kicked in. Let me know if there's any kind of hint I could throw your way.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Lovely puzzle once again. I like the Marching Bands puzzles.
Heidi
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Nino wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:40 pm After a close call a couple of weeks ago, this may be the first time I’ve been stumped. It’s just in one spot: the second part of Row 1 (and the second part of Band A).

Anybody else?
Yes, that is exactly where I got stuck, too.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Nino

Post by Nino »

I finally finished, but only after getting the first two solutions in Band A. I don’t think I ever would have come up with this solution for “Leaders of the pack?” if it wasn’t completed in the process of solving the two Band solutions that fill those spaces. This is first time I’m left thinking that perhaps if someone other than the puzzle constructor was editing his own puzzle, maybe he would have nudged it to a better clue.