68. Give Me Five!

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
Joe

Post by Joe »

I've got everything the nudges directed me to and I STILL CAN'T SOLVE ITTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH
Happy to give nudges. If you notice I've solved, please tell me about avenues you've explored so I can nudge you in the right direction and not off a cliff.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

10. Once you find all the relevant entries in the grid, see if you center yourself.

11. You should have five 5-letter words, each starting with a letter not in the five themers and ending with one that is in the themers.

12. If you need anything else, PM me, but it's full, I think, so just e-mail me at mrgraczyk at gmail dot com.

See you tomorrow to close out Summer of Solves!

Mikey G
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
Joe

Post by Joe »

Whew! Made it. Someone called this one a SAD. Personally, I thought it was DAD. Great job!
Happy to give nudges. If you notice I've solved, please tell me about avenues you've explored so I can nudge you in the right direction and not off a cliff.
woozy

Post by woozy »

It's not SAD... but once you see something has to be intentional (DEVIOUS!) and your usual tricks don't work.... well, just try another. .... Maybe I'd call it a DAS but... not really. It was hard.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

FINALLY got it over the finish line...damn...seriously impressive puzzle and META...
Thanks.
John.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Untitledzzlimp.png

Limpin' in for the finish..... so still in the game...

Untitledzzchance.png
ReB

Post by ReB »

Had to crawl, but made it across the finish line with the help of the nudges. Never would have made it otherwise. Nicely done.
ajk

Post by ajk »

Got there but needed all the nudges, so really the fact that I solved it just means I can read. :lol:
At least a couple of steps I'd never have seen.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer