65. To Be Continued

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Loved it. Thanks, Mikey!
schmidzy

Post by schmidzy »

Solved, and can now confirm: I'm not familiar with the answer. Thanks to woozy for confirming I had all the pieces and pointing me towards what to google.
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

Nice one, Mikey. Thanks for the slightly gentler puzzle.
Matthew
woozy

Post by woozy »

schmidzy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:18 pm Solved, and can now confirm: I'm not familiar with the answer. Thanks to woozy for confirming I had all the pieces and pointing me towards what to google.
Well, I've certainly had my share of one in 10000 days...

Edit: my current 1 in 10000 day right now is 9D. Hadn't heard of that one. Def putting it on my list.
Last edited by woozy on Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

This one was fun. Thanks, Mikey!!
Cindy Heisler
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Great start to the meta week (I do your puzzle on a Sunday morning here in Australia, and I've always thought of Sunday as the beginning of the week). Thanks, Mikey!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
hoover

Post by hoover »

i'm not in the right demographic and I had to use Google. It didn't help that I didn't have the grid filled correctly. But yes, well-known, and I corrected my grid fill after Google found me the meta answer.
Qmark

Post by Qmark »

Super puzzle, Mikey!
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

Got it - thanks for the puzzle!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

I am the right demographic and knew it before I even knew why. Thanks MikeyG it is nice to have one solidly in my wheelhouse every now an then.

T
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Darth

Post by Darth »

Nice! Thank you, MikeyG!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Perhaps the quickest we've gotten 50 correct answers! Thanks, everyone!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
ajk

Post by ajk »

Took me a few beats no pun intended to line it all up. Very clever, thanks.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Fun puzzle Mikey!
Heidi
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Up to 60 so far for this one, and the long-winded reveal for Puzzle #64 can be found here.

Keep on solving!

dsbened

Post by dsbened »

Fun & funny puzzle as always, but am I missing something on 62A? It's about the Golden Girls, correct? And "Rose" is played by Betty "White", and "Dorothy" is played by Bea "Arthur". Can someone tell me why the answer is Bea instead of Arthur? Am I missing something? TY!
Seattle DB
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

dsbened wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:44 pm Fun & funny puzzle as always, but am I missing something on 62A? It's about the Golden Girls, correct? And "Rose" is played by Betty "White", and "Dorothy" is played by Bea "Arthur". Can someone tell me why the answer is Bea instead of Arthur? Am I missing something? TY!
I updated this on Crosshare and forgot to change it on the PDF and the PUZ, so the error is completely on me. Right, should have been Rose : Betty :: Dorothy : ____.

Thanks for solving in any case! Eat some cheesecake in the Golden Girls' honor! (I do that anyway.)

dsbened

Post by dsbened »

MikeyG wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:53 pm
dsbened wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:44 pm Fun & funny puzzle as always, but am I missing something on 62A? It's about the Golden Girls, correct? And "Rose" is played by Betty "White", and "Dorothy" is played by Bea "Arthur". Can someone tell me why the answer is Bea instead of Arthur? Am I missing something? TY!
I updated this on Crosshare and forgot to change it on the PDF and the PUZ, so the error is completely on me. Right, should have been Rose : Betty :: Dorothy : ____.

Thanks for solving in any case! Eat some cheesecake in the Golden Girls' honor! (I do that anyway.)
Your sense of punny humor is right up my alley, and I thank you for your reply!
Seattle DB