NY Times, Aug 6th Cryptic

Enter if you dare!
CromsFury

NY Times, Aug 6th Cryptic

Post by CromsFury »

This Sunday's NYT Variety puzzle is a deLIGHTful cryptic by Richard Silvestri.

Enjoy!
:ugeek:
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo. - Virgil
Quand on lit trop vite où trop doucement, on n'entend rien. - Pascal
Nino

Post by Nino »

With my NYT / crossword subscriptions, I used to enjoy the Sunday variety puzzles online on Thursday. But for the last few months, I thought they were only available in print, and I don’t see the print copy till Sunday. How can we now get a look at the variety puzzles on Thursday (or Friday)?
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Nino wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:20 pm With my NYT / crossword subscriptions, I used to enjoy the Sunday variety puzzles online on Thursday. But for the last few months, I thought they were only available in print, and I don’t see the print copy till Sunday. How can we now get a look at the variety puzzles on Thursday (or Friday)?
The NYT variety puzzles are available on Friday (maybe even Thursday) on the XWord Info website for subscribers (at a nominal annual fee).
https://www.xwordinfo.com/
CromsFury

Post by CromsFury »

Richard B. wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:46 pm
Nino wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:20 pm With my NYT / crossword subscriptions, I used to enjoy the Sunday variety puzzles online on Thursday. But for the last few months, I thought they were only available in print, and I don’t see the print copy till Sunday. How can we now get a look at the variety puzzles on Thursday (or Friday)?
The NYT variety puzzles are available on Friday (maybe even Thursday) on the XWord Info website for subscribers (at a nominal annual fee).
https://www.xwordinfo.com/
You beat me to it.
Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo. - Virgil
Quand on lit trop vite où trop doucement, on n'entend rien. - Pascal
Nino

Post by Nino »

Thank you both. I’ll be joining
Nino

Post by Nino »

I was glad to join, for the early access, etc. I use my NYT times games subscription to access the daily crosswords, Wordle, and other games, and used to use it on Thursday to access Sunday’s variety puzzles. Now, on Sundays, can I access the variety puzzles directly through my games subscription, or only through the xwordinfo.com membership?
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Nino wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:50 pm Now, on Sundays, can I access the variety puzzles directly through my games subscription, or only through the xwordinfo.com membership?
As of early March online access to the NYT variety puzzle was discontinued. As far as I know, without a NYT print subscription, the only other option is an XWord Info subscription.