"Factorising Quadratics" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

What he said.
edestlin

Post by edestlin »

Huh... I never did figure out what to do with the factors. I thought those were coordinates and tried various origin points but nothing made sense. I was way off!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well, guess who you do not want factoring anything for you - ME!!! I had this completely wrong, from the equations to where to go once I go the numbers. I am going to chalk this up to having done this type of math perhaps 50 years ago or more.

Good puzzle, bad solver.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

My last quadratic was roughly 40 years ago so I will be warming the bench with Dr. Tom. There will be joking, beer, and peanuts. And maybe a few wisecracks about math nerds.
The other Wendy. :roll: