MGWCC #789 — “Solve for X”

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

KayW wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:01 am but could not see any reason to use those letters, nor why WARHOL would be clued as someone who deals with big numbers.
He's not a wholesaler, but his prices are souper!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 91. You'll Turn It Around
KayW

Post by KayW »

oh and I forgot to mention one other rabbit hole that rather amused me:
I looked at the words represented in the "X" position (second letter) of the four initialisms/acronyms in the grid:

WWII - War
FOIA - Of
IUDS - Uterine
SEIU - Employees
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

KayW wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:34 pm oh and I forgot to mention one other rabbit hole that rather amused me:
I looked at the words represented in the "X" position (second letter) of the four initialisms/acronyms in the grid:

WWII - War
FOIA - Of
IUDS - Uterine
SEIU - Employees
I did that too.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.