"Which To Believe Completely?" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

I finally have a free day this week to try to catch up on my metas.

Moat crossed! (Without nudges) Grid was tough, but a fun meta! Thanks, Ben!
Cindy Heisler
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

Moat Crossed, Castle stormed. Great mechanism.

Thanks Ben.
ajk

Post by ajk »

got there last night with the nudges. even with them it took me a few beats, though I agree that I might have gotten there after a long while on my own.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
dsbened

Post by dsbened »

I'm stuck in the moat and the guards of the castle keep dumping boiling urine and hot feces on me while I try to outswim the crocodiles that are chasing me. (My 68 year old Covid body can't tolerate much more, and I'm growing tired of swimming around in circles. Where's Regis Philbin to throw me a lifeline before I sink?)
Seattle DB
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Needed the Nudges but finally crossed Ben's MOAT. Nice job!
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Some more solvers for you!

JM
Cindy Heisler
florawynn
DebbieC
JHSeeman
alex
Alex Sisti
kurtalert
jbird
frostyjhammer
woozy
rayyandroid
Capn Rick
LindaPRmaven

That brings us to 47.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Only three more solvers, but that brings us up to a nice round 50, which isn't bad for a "week 4":

Coruscare
Jaclyn
sledge
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Here's the solution to "Which To Believe Completely?":

Which To Believe Completely (solution).png
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

That was a SAD one, and I'm sad I couldn't get it! Didn't take the nudges and, man alive, I forget you post these when it's 5:30 pm, Sunday (for this [insert Aussie slang for an American dude]). You stumped me this time, so we'll try it again soon!

Nice puzzle!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 93. Person of Letters