“Middle of the Road” by Patrick Berry

Enter if you dare!
ChrisKochmanski

“Middle of the Road” by Patrick Berry

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

I saw a link to this puzzle elsewhere in the forum, and after completing it, I want to give it an extra plug. It’s phenomenal! Bravo, Mr. Berry! Highly recommended for anyone who craves a challenging variety cryptic.

https://aframegames.com/puzzles/MiddleOfTheRoad.pdf
Homer Buckle

Post by Homer Buckle »

That is an amazing puzzle by Patrick Berry - took me a very long time, but the reveal was so worth it! Well done!
Andrew Bradburn

Post by Andrew Bradburn »

This puzzle was first given at the 2015 National Puzzler's League convention, and it wowed that collection of some of the best puzzlers in North America. It truly is one of puzzle master Patrick Berry's best, most ingenious puzzles.
KayW

Post by KayW »

I solved this puzzle over a year ago, I think. I remember it took me AGES to finish, but it was absolutely brilliant. I tried looking for my hard-copy just now and am rather peeved that I didn't save it.

Haha. I should try solving it again. If I know me and my teflon-coated brain, it will take me nearly as long the second time through.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Patrick Berry never ever ever disappoints, but there aren't enough superlatives to describe the genius of this puzzle. It took me days - and several erasures - but I finally got there. And the gift just keeps on giving: When you think you've appreciated all of the brilliance on display, there's more.
Naptown Kid

Post by Naptown Kid »

Thanks, Chris, for posting. I have long admired Berry’s work and will look forward to the challenge!