Utah Camping Trip (2016)

Enter if you dare!
Andrew Bradburn

Utah Camping Trip (2016)

Post by Andrew Bradburn »

Hello again,

Please see the introduction to my other posting, Providence Pentominoes Puzzle, for an explanation of my byline as Jigsaw, and the National Puzzler's League.

This puzzle I created for the NPL's 2016 Convention in Salt Lake City. It was the most ambitious one I had ever done, and I think it is the last puzzle I ended up making, as my brain just doesn't seem to want to generate puzzle ideas anymore, or the stamina to see them through to the end.

A few notes about some of the terms in the flavor text:

In the National Puzzler's League, members are collectively know as the Krewe. "Con" is how most NPLers like to refer to the annual Convention. Tinhorn and Qaqaq are noms or pseudonyms of two other NPL members who gave me invaluable help in creating this puzzle. You will probably find this puzzle somewhat more difficult than the average Rathvon/Cox puzzle, but keep at it, there are numerous payoffs.

Feel free to PM me for hints, and I also welcome your comments. I only have it available as a .pdf.

Andrew

Utah Camping Trip by JIGSAW PDF

Homer Buckle

Post by Homer Buckle »

This was a really fun puzzle - thank you!
Abide

Post by Abide »

Two days in (off and on) and about 60% done. Enjoying the trip!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

A fun little romp. You really have to pay attention to every detail. Filling in the grid is just half the journey. Thanks, Andrew
Abide

Post by Abide »

Finally got there, and what a nice payoff. As intricate as a Kevin Wald creation. Really brilliant @Andrew Bradburn!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
MMe

Post by MMe »

Wow, just stumbled upon this post, as I don't follow the cryptics stuff here. This was really fun and really well designed. To whomever else is normally deterred by paragraphs-long novel puzzle rules, stick with this one.

Thanks, Andrew!!
Andrew Bradburn

Post by Andrew Bradburn »

Abide wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:01 pm Finally got there, and what a nice payoff. As intricate as a Kevin Wald creation. Really brilliant @Andrew Bradburn!
Thank you, Abide! I first came across Kevin Wald puzzles in 2005, and they were several cuts above the cryptics I had been familiar with. I was amazed anyone could get so much into one puzzle. It took me many years, but I was finally able to turn one of my Wald-like ideas into something that worked (and needed help to do it). Of course, due to the complexity and layers of Wald's puzzles, the instructions are often as difficult to get through as the puzzle! But his puzzles are always fair and well clued.