MEOW #129 Body Count

A weekly meta crossword on the forum started by member Josh (aka madhatter5). These puzzles are often very creative with solving mechanisms out of the norm and skewing towards the more challenging. Puzzles are posted every Wednesday, and the solution appears the following Tuesday.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well, it appears that everyone who is going to solve this has done so. It has been two days since there was any activity, and since I have a rather full day tomorrow I am going to post the reveal today. If you are still slogging away, then avert your eyes please!

DON'T LOOK UNLESS YOU HAVE EITHER SOLVED OR GIVEN UP!! PAGE WILL REVEAL SOLUTION

BC Reveal.gif
Last edited by DrTom on Tue May 23, 2023 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

You know I'm late to these and try to do them Monday night, haha. Didn't see the answer yet but will still give it an attempt! :cry:
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
hoover

Post by hoover »

DrTom wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:43 pm Well, it appears that everyone who is going to solve this has done so. It has been two days since there was any activity, and since I have a rather full day tomorrow I am going to post the reveal today. If you are still slogging away, then avert your eyes please!

DON'T LOOK UNLESS YOU HAVE EITHER SOLVED OR GIVEN UP!!
Body Count Graphic Reveal.jpg
Hi @DrTom, is it possible to put the image inside spoiler tags so Mikey doesn't accidentally see it? :)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

hoover wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:25 pm
DrTom wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:43 pm Well, it appears that everyone who is going to solve this has done so. It has been two days since there was any activity, and since I have a rather full day tomorrow I am going to post the reveal today. If you are still slogging away, then avert your eyes please!

Hi @DrTom, is it possible to put the image inside spoiler tags so Mikey doesn't accidentally see it? :)
Excellent idea, but unfortunately the spoiler tag only seems to work on text not pictures. I've tried in the past to no avail...
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

OK, well Tuesday has arrived and there was a total of 48 people who solved (there may be a 49th if Mikey finds his way home)

1 woozy
2 Cindy Weatherman
3 Hector
4 ChrisKochmanski
5 Schmeel
6 Hoover
7 edestlin
8 boharr
9 Bird Lives
10 whimsy
11 Meg
12 rjy
13 BarbaraK
14 Pair O Ducks
15 Darth
16 Jaclyn
17 MatthewL
18 Carolyn
19 kurtalert
20 Gutman
21 CPJohnson
22 Laura M
23 Bbaack
24 markhr
25 HeadinHome
26 KayW
27 DIS
28 Berto
29 SJMcK
30 JM
31 Darrell
32 benchen71
33 Dow Jones
34 rayyandroid
35 ajk
36 Jimbo
37 andeux
38 ReB
39 imontoo
40 frostyjhammer
41 Sharkicicles
42 SeamusOL
43 Ergcat
44 Tom Wilson
45 Qmark
46 Cinny
47 SJ
48 Tane

As always thanks to all the solver for your time and kind comments.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Too kind to think of me, honestly, haha! I'm a meta completist, so even if I didn't quite make the deadline, I'll try to pull it out! Didn't see it yet and will tackle it soon. :D

After the deadline, maybe? Not sure. But the cat is out of the bag and now sad I left her in there for so long. Never again, Ginger Cat! (Fun puzzle too.)
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

And coming in at the last moment - MikeyG. Maybe I need to start a buzzer beater badge?

49 MikeyG

So just one shy of the half century mark. That does my heart (and eyes and ears and digits and ribs and teeth and limbs) good!
hoover

Post by hoover »

MikeyG wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:21 am

Too kind to think of me, honestly, haha! I'm a meta completist, so even if I didn't quite make the deadline, I'll try to pull it out! Didn't see it yet and will tackle it soon. :D

After the deadline, maybe? Not sure. But the cat is out of the bag and now sad I left her in there for so long. Never again, Ginger Cat! (Fun puzzle too.)
Ginger Cat deserves an extra belly rub for her troubles.

I don't know if this is a ginger cat thing or not, but my ginger cat (not named Ginger Cat!) loves to have his belly rubbed.

Also speaking of ginger cats, are you familiar with Jorts and his torty friend Jean? See pinned tweet here: https://twitter.com/JortsTheCat
ajk

Post by ajk »

This was a fun one, once I got past trying to figure out what SEAN and TEMPE had to do with anything (i.e., being fixated on the long answers). :lol:
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Glad you enjoyed it, yeah we are creatures of habit. I was afraid that people would be expecting that, but I made the themers, hopefully, very evident anatomically? I wanted you to keep your Eyes and Ears open😁
ajk

Post by ajk »

Yeah, once you see it it's hard to imagine how you didn't see it before :lol:
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
dsbened

Post by dsbened »

Fun puzzle but I'm stumped by 33A: "Some linemen", and the answer is "RTB". Help, anyone?
Seattle DB
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

The cat has left the bag...slow this week as was traveling for business which meant long days and longer nights.....

Fun one, thanks DrTom.