"Plurality" May 12, 2023

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
PQ63

Post by PQ63 »

Ashore. Think I’ll have a Corona. Clever one.
Deb F

Post by Deb F »

Still hanging with Isaac. Two weeks in a row. I can think of a lot places worse than this!

Have a good weekend, Muggles.
fourletterword

Post by fourletterword »

Finally got it!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

mrmd wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:44 pm Ashore after a bit of noodling for the last step. Very satisfying as untidy became tidy! Was feeling slightly guilty about winning the mug last week, as I didn’t feel the answer was a slam dunk, but managing this week’s on my own makes me feel like I am (just) worthy!
Another muggle mugged! Woo hoo!! Congratulations!!!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Relic

Post by Relic »

Count me asea cruise director. Been thrrough the grid twice - once on line and once on paper - and no path forward just yet. About to work it in Excel, which usually yields positive results.
Good luck to all for a successful solve. If you see that I'm ashore - rare occasion of late - message me if you'd like a nudge. Be sure to include your progress so I can know better how to assist.

Alan A. and Maggie Muggle
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

ship4u wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:41 am Back when songs were simply songs to enjoy.

Splish Splash is the traditional bath time song for our oldest grandson. My Daughter and son-in-law play it every time. Drying off time is "Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones".
LadyBird

Post by LadyBird »

I had a plurality of birds this morning, even on a gray and drizzly day. Hit two bird sanctuaries along the lake front and saw a total of 77 different species--18 of which were warblers! Love this time of year!
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

ship4u wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:41 am Back when songs were simply songs to enjoy.

I did not realize how small that theater was.

And how many of our muggles took the gum wrappers (preferably from Beachnut spearment gum), separated the foil from the wax paper and made chains of the foil? It was mostly teen age girls who did this.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
BreeZynCO

Post by BreeZynCO »

Made it to shore!
BreeZynCO

Post by BreeZynCO »

LadyBird wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:35 pm

Splish Splash is the traditional bath time song for our oldest grandson. My Daughter and son-in-law play it every time. Drying off time is "Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones".
It's a bath time favorite in my house too. I am curious how many have enjoyed Bobby as an actor? My personal favorite is "If a Man Answers" I don't think I am old enough to remember Beachnut gum. 8-)
ColeTrain

Post by ColeTrain »

solidly at sea for this one
Usually found struggling with the meta late Saturday and Sunday night.
PhantomPhan

Post by PhantomPhan »

Safely ashore and feeling proud.
...Remember there are worse things than a shattered chandelier...

If you see I'm ashore and need a nudge, feel free to message me.
Relic

Post by Relic »

Ashore cigar, beer, and wine me! That was tricky. I almost looked away from the correct rabbit due to a perceived problem with where the mechanism was leading, which turned out to be no problem at all!
Good luck to all for a successful solve. If you see that I'm ashore - rare occasion of late - message me if you'd like a nudge. Be sure to include your progress so I can know better how to assist.

Alan A. and Maggie Muggle
ColeTrain

Post by ColeTrain »

After a review I am tentatively on shore without nudges, a first for me!
Usually found struggling with the meta late Saturday and Sunday night.
haydendog

Post by haydendog »

Ashore with a lot of help from Joe! I would not have gotten this without help.
Dickie_Dunn

Post by Dickie_Dunn »

No idea what to do with all the plurality. Maybe I should look down. Isaac, keep the icy cold goodness coming.
Dickie Dunn wrote this, it's gotta be true.
cbarbee002

Post by cbarbee002 »

Forgot to post - - got nudged over the line by a kind muggle. Clever!
DannyWalter

Post by DannyWalter »

DannyWalter wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:17 pm Hmm. I think I have the answer, it fits so well, but I can only derive 3 of the letters. So, either I am way off and deep in a rabbit hole, I got lucky and found the answer using the wrong mechanism, or there is something I'm just not seeing. Putting it aside until tomorrow. Saying hello to Isaac, it's been a while.
Declaring myself ashore. Not 100% sure I am on the right beach, but close enough, I'm tired of staring at it, so submitted.
ky-mike

Post by ky-mike »

I needed a slight nudge to get me across the line. Ashore!
Streroto

Post by Streroto »

Aside. Has anyone done NYT today? It is a true tour de force. I’ve noted in this forum that since I discovered metas my love of non meta crosswords has waned a bit. But I still do them and every now and then one just blows me away. This is one of them.

Plus I don’t have MGWCC yet…

Stay well all! Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms in this forum!