FYI by Jay Livingston

STARTING APRIL 30, 2023

Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 meta puzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations. Many of the constructors and test solvers involved with the project are members of the Muggle community. The bundle is available in exchange for a donation to any cancer-related charity. For more information, visit CrosswordsForCancer.com or email CrosswordsForCancer@gmail.com.
AnswerPfinder

FYI by Jay Livingston

Post by AnswerPfinder »

FYI by Jay Livingston.

The answer to this meta is found on many websites.

ribbonrow.png

This puzzle is part of the CCCC bundle. To access the bundle and for more information, see this post.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Before starting I guessed what the answer would be, and one third of the way through the grid I knew what it was and how it would work. Still enjoyed finishing to see the clever entries and clues
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

BarbaraK wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:36 pm Before starting I guessed what the answer would be, and one third of the way through the grid I knew what it was and how it would work. Still enjoyed finishing to see the clever entries and clues
Ditto on everything! Thanks, @Bird Lives - that was fun! :D
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
boharr

Post by boharr »

Nice one. Thanks, Jay.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

A fun meta @Bird Lives

I started it on day 3 rather than 4 to get a jump on @Al Sisti tomorrow

After Al and @MarkWoychick I will start savoring the constructors who I have not done before.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well another fun Jay puzzle and a new word. I can’t tell you how many times I looked to see what I had misfilled because 46A could not have been right, but it was. I wonder if that was where a derogatory word for a small town came from? Pronunciation might be close. Thanks for a good puzzle and the vocabulary upgrade!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

Loved it @Bird Lives! Thanks, Jay!
Sara
Jeremy Smith

Post by Jeremy Smith »

Solved the meta before the grid. Nice clueing and fun meta! Thanks, Jay!
ajk

Post by ajk »

An excellent example of how straightforward doesn't mean dull. Especially liked the clues for 20A, 62A, 4D, and 59D. Fun stuff, thanks.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

ajk wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:43 pm An excellent example of how straightforward doesn't mean dull. Especially liked the clues for 20A, 62A, 4D, and 59D. Fun stuff, thanks.
I completely second this! A lot of good things in this grid. FYI, I loved it!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

Enjoyed this one, Jay! Thanks!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
rjy

Post by rjy »

Trailing the alphabetical crowd by a few days, but got it! Fun, thanks Jay… challenging grid in spots, learned a few things!
Ray
KayW

Post by KayW »

10 down! Before I even completed the grid, but enjoyed the puzzle so much of course I finished it anyway. Thanks Jay!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Got it!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

I felt like those 20A guys with this one, but enjoyed every minute of it!
Thanks a bunch, Bird!
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

FYI IMHO KK
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
ReB

Post by ReB »

Doing the series in order, I found this to be an enjoyable breather after the previous two. Good contribution.
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

Fun puzzle, Jay - really enjoyed it!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com