You Can Get There From Here by Peter Abide

STARTING APRIL 30, 2023

Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 meta puzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations. Many of the constructors and test solvers involved with the project are members of the Muggle community. The bundle is available in exchange for a donation to any cancer-related charity. For more information, visit CrosswordsForCancer.com or email CrosswordsForCancer@gmail.com.
AnswerPfinder

You Can Get There From Here by Peter Abide

Post by AnswerPfinder »

You Can Get There From Here by Peter Abide.

The answer to this meta is a five-word phrase.

ribbonrow.png

This puzzle is part of the CCCC bundle. To access the bundle and for more information, see this post.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Abide

Post by Abide »

Thanks Will for shepherding this project. It’s been a lot of fun, and I appreciate you including me.

If anyone wants to check their answer or get a nudge rather than looking at the solution page, feel free to PM me.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
boharr

Post by boharr »

Nice one, Peter. Thanks.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Fun puzzle Peter!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I'm taking the alphabetical by author approach to these, so Abide was first up. And what a great way to start.

I quickly saw the first step but was then unsure how to go from there to a five-word phrase.

After playing around with some things that didn't work, I stepped away for a bit but kept pondering. Thought of what would be a good answer, but as it was it seemed more like a guess than a solution. Then I thought, now if he could have done ****, that would have been really cool, but I don't guess that would be possible. Then picked up the puzzle and looked again and lo and behold, he had done it!

Great job, Peter!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Meg

Post by Meg »

Nice puzzle, Peter, from another Muggle who is doing these in alphabetical order.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
boharr

Post by boharr »

Meg wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:13 pm Nice puzzle, Peter, from another Muggle who is doing these in alphabetical order.
Does one get extra credit for knowing all those letters in the alphabet?
ajk

Post by ajk »

Very cool, thanks. Many fun clues as well.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

I was trying to figure out the order of doing these. My first thought was like @BarbaraK and do one a day to enjoy the process. So P@Abide was first and a great lead off hitter. I stumbled for a while and then that AHA moment came.

I am still going to do one a day but save the metas from creators for last to enjoy the enjoyment you always get with a new constructor.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I will take my medicine and do @DrTom next and endure what I am sure is a barrage of puns. :lol:

Great job Peter

And thanks to Will for setting this up and all the constructors for their time and effort.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Bob cruise director wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:41 pm I was trying to figure out the order of doing these. My first thought was like @BarbaraK and do one a day to enjoy the process. So P@Abide was first and a great lead off hitter. I stumbled for a while and then that AHA moment came.

I am still going to do one a day but save the metas from creators for last to enjoy the enjoyment you always get with a new constructor.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I will take my medicine and do @DrTom next and endure what I am sure is a barrage of puns. :lol:

Great job Peter

And thanks to Will for setting this up and all the constructors for their time and effort.
You can ration yourself to one a day? Wow, what discipline!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

BarbaraK wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:56 pm
Bob cruise director wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:41 pm I was trying to figure out the order of doing these. My first thought was like @BarbaraK and do one a day to enjoy the process. So P@Abide was first and a great lead off hitter. I stumbled for a while and then that AHA moment came.

Great job Peter

You can ration yourself to one a day? Wow, what discipline!
@BarbaraK As Mike Tyson said "everyone has a plan until you they get punched in the mouth". And more than once I have been punched by a meta creator but keep coming back
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Guffman

Post by Guffman »

There are members of this group who will have all these puzzles finished before I can even get them printed out.
Late tomorrow I will have to help the poor Rabbit find something to talk about. I didn't work this hard while I was working.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Step 1 done but not after that, so I am chewing on it for a while! Glad the deadline is unlimited. :D

Great puzzle to start off the alphabetical parade!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Loved it! Thanks, @Abide!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

Déja vu, or is it a dim memory? Whether or not I did actually see it before, I still think it's a great puzzle.
Jay
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Got it!
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

I liked this one a lot. This was a favorite phrase of one of my high school freshman teachers 55 years ago.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
DCBilly

Post by DCBilly »

From another member of Club Alphabetical: wow, great craftsmanship and aesthetic range on display here. Good fun for the solver.
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

Great puzzle!
rjy

Post by rjy »

Been parked on step one all day… may have to try the next puzzle of the alphabet and bounce back…
Ray