You Can Get There From Here by Peter Abide

STARTING APRIL 30, 2023

Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 meta puzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations. Many of the constructors and test solvers involved with the project are members of the Muggle community. The bundle is available in exchange for a donation to any cancer-related charity. For more information, visit CrosswordsForCancer.com or email CrosswordsForCancer@gmail.com.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

rjy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:15 pm Been parked on step one all day… may have to try the next puzzle of the alphabet and bounce back…
Same - other ones have been falling pretty quickly, but this one is eluding me!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
madhatter5

Post by madhatter5 »

I confess to having very little willpower when I get stuck and there is the solution available. In a moment of weakness I peeked.

I must say this is absolutely brilliant.
https://pandorasblocks.org/crosswords-for-cancer
Abide

Post by Abide »

Again, if you are stuck, send me a pm or email. I can micro-nudge pretty easily on this one.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Boy I was there with everyone had the beginning but…

Then it hit me; I don’t have good internet access so I can’t check but if I’d otherwise I’d be amazed
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

An experience that mirrors @BarbaraK's -- a fairly reasonable guess, and then, oh look! confirmation!

It took me an extra moment to appreciate the wording of clue 5D; but I did!
Wonderful construction, Peter! Thanks.
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

Great one and fun one to start off the trip. (I'm going alphabetically)

Caught step one pretty quickly, got up made lunch sat down and it jumped off the puzzle right at me.

Thanks @Abide .
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

now for today's trivia

What Aerospace and Defense company owned Amana and used them to commercial market a product that came from the defense industry?
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

jhseeman wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:27 pm now for today's trivia

What Aerospace and Defense company owned Amana and used them to commercial market a product that came from the defense industry?
The product has got to be the Amana RadarRange but no idea who the parent company was.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

BarbaraK wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:42 pm
jhseeman wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:27 pm now for today's trivia

The product has got to be the Amana RadarRange but no idea who the parent company was.
You are correct on the product the company was Raytheon
KayW

Post by KayW »

It took me a while, but I got there! Very clever - Thanks Peter!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

We loved this one! Thanks so much for the clever puzzle @Abide !
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

KayW wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:59 pm It took me a while, but I got there! Very clever - Thanks Peter!
My wheels are still spinning! Hoping an epiphany will strike out of the blue!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
KayW

Post by KayW »

MikeyG wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:36 pm
KayW wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:59 pm It took me a while, but I got there! Very clever - Thanks Peter!
My wheels are still spinning! Hoping an epiphany will strike out of the blue!
Out of the blue... vending machine perhaps? (I seem to be partial the the 2x4's myself)
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
LizD

Post by LizD »

I'm stuck on step one but not giving up yet!
I don't have an inner child... I have an inner old lady. :geek:

Meta solver by night, proud independent bookstore owner by day!
rjy

Post by rjy »

Solved everything else in the CCCC, but still parked on this one. Not soliciting nudges……………yet
Ray
ReB

Post by ReB »

Was in the rain over this one, put it aside, and took another look after solving Richard Allen's - and at my first glance, the clouds parted and the sun came out. Thoughtfully constructed.
rjy

Post by rjy »

Finally got this with the slightest of nudges from Peter. Just brilliant! Had most of the pieces, but like BarbaraK above, I guessed the answer and figured OK, that's kind of cool. Then I saw the final piece... wow! Really great, Peter!
Ray
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

Loved it, Peter! I started working on this a while ago and got distracted by who knows what. This afternoon as I was cleaning up my crossword "pile" (puzzles I've printed and put in a big basket beside my favorite chair), I realized I'd never gotten around to finding the meta. It took one quick look, and there it was, staring me in the face! Thank you!
Last edited by Hidden in 3D on Mon May 22, 2023 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sara
Abide

Post by Abide »

Hidden in 3D wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:00 pm It took one quick look, and there is was, staring me in the face!
@MikeyG 😜
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

Great puzzle, clueing, and meta - thanks, @Abide!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com