Mixed Numbers by Mike Graczyk

STARTING APRIL 30, 2023

Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 meta puzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations. Many of the constructors and test solvers involved with the project are members of the Muggle community. The bundle is available in exchange for a donation to any cancer-related charity. For more information, visit CrosswordsForCancer.com or email CrosswordsForCancer@gmail.com.
AnswerPfinder

Mixed Numbers by Mike Graczyk

Post by AnswerPfinder »

Mixed Numbers by Mike Graczyk.

The answer to this meta is what I hope you can do to this puzzle.

ribbonrow.png

This puzzle is part of the CCCC bundle. To access the bundle and for more information, see this post.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

My mom, my best friend, is a three-time breast cancer survivor. I've had many family members who have been impacted likewise, and I still dream of a world where cancer can be greatly reduced, if not eradicated.

I'm honored to be a part of this bundle, and I tip my hat to @AnswerPfinder, who has done an amazing job orchestrating this with commitment, purpose, and grace. 💛
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
boharr

Post by boharr »

Thanks for a terrific puzzle, Mikey. My mom didn't survive, but we can help others overcome this disease.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

boharr wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:25 pm Thanks for a terrific puzzle, Mikey. My mom didn't survive, but we can help others overcome this disease.
Yes. I lost two aunts and a beloved family friend. Sending love and condolences as we continue to help others in this. And thanks for your kind words, of course. 💛

BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Yes, I could and indeed did do the meta answer to this puzzle! Very nice
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

I was a test solver for this one. The process was double-blind so solvers were not told who the constructor was. But then I started looking at the clues, and it was as though there were a heading in 72-point caps saying "THIS IS MIKEY G'S PUZZLE." The title, topic and answer were further but unnecessary confirmation. Great fun.
Jay
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Indeed I did! Thanks, @MikeyG!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Bird Lives wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:37 pm I was a test solver for this one. The process was double-blind so solvers were not told who the constructor was. But then I started looking at the clues, and it was as though there were a heading in 72-point caps saying "THIS IS MIKEY G'S PUZZLE." The title, topic and answer were further but unnecessary confirmation. Great fun.
This is about the biggest badge of honor I could possibly receive. I was reviewing comments and someone cross-referenced Mikey G's voice, and I was like, "I think these were anonymous?" But if I were on "The Masked Constructor," I'd be a pretty easy gimme. :lol:

Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Solved. I did!
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

Very nice!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Great meta, of course with the usual cluing magnificence, I laughed, I cried, I found the answer. Thanks Mike.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
KayW

Post by KayW »

Absolutely 💛 Thanks for your fantastic and fun contribution to this wonderful cause.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Oh yeah, you can’t do this puzzle without knowing it comes from the mind of Mikey even if you didn’t know. Solving starts, hilarity ensues, repeat….
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Jeremy Smith

Post by Jeremy Smith »

Nice one, Mikey! Thank you!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

My timing was such that I ended up doing two Mikey puzzles in a row --
zzcloxk.png
Whew!

But really, thanks for your fun contribution!
ajk

Post by ajk »

Got the gist quickly, but the last step was like the third or fourth thing I tried when seeking to apply the knowledge I had in hand. :lol:

Very fun, thanks. On to the letter K. :)
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
EmilyW

Post by EmilyW »

LOVED this one, thanks Mike!
rjy

Post by rjy »

I did!
Ray
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Got it!
ReB

Post by ReB »

This one stumped me. I got into the rabbit hole of a second unmixing - using the names of five numbers to spell out OFTEN from their first letters and then in vain trying to find a verb (hoping for DONATE or similar), as required by the prompt. Nicely constructed - wish I had had more patience.