Another woozy one: My Word.

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
woozy

Another woozy one: My Word.

Post by woozy »

Wordle-Thumb.jpg
My Word

The answer to this meta (which is five letters long) is what one does with my word (or any other word)

https://crosshare.org/crosswords/J8jTSo ... sL/my-word

====

So I still haven't gotten the WSJ Meta Contest of 4/14/23 (I'll take a nudge) so this one is based on a rabbit hole I knew there was no point going down.
The metanism would be quite hard but I put in a lot of meta-meta suggestions to point you in the right direction. I think the grid works very well. As usual my clues run the gamut. I tried to be straightforward, but I can't help but get punchy.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Solved, but it took me longer than it should have!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
woozy

Post by woozy »

Okay, I made some quick edits to some noisy clues.

And in a rare decision I chose to change the solution to make the meta harder. This may cause some confusion as the new edits make take time to go into effect.

The new prompt is:

The answer to this meta has two parts: The first part is a word; the second part (which is five letters long) is what one does with my word (or any other word)
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Meg

Post by Meg »

I got the second part! Yay!
And I got part 1. Why oh why do I have to make things so complicated??
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Okay... I've remodified. THere are two parts to the solution but entering either part is a correct submission. (I thought the second part would be the hard part and the first part the easy but I seem to have it backwards)
woozy

Post by woozy »

Meg wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:41 pm I got the second part! Yay!
And I got part 1. Why oh why do I have to make things so complicated??
I don't think this was an uncomplicated meta.
KayW

Post by KayW »

I came late to this meta, and needed help to solve it. For me this was a SAD (Simple and Difficult) meta. And I sure made it difficult! Fun cluing and clever metanism.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

I appreciate the shout-outs in your grid, @woozy! Now if I could just figure out the meta answer(s)... :D
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
woozy

Post by woozy »

Cap'n Rick wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:42 pm I appreciate the shout-outs in your grid, @woozy! Now if I could just figure out the meta answer(s)... :D
The shout out is to indicate any clue that is pertinent to meta will be rotationally congruent to another clue. This includes the six clues about how to do the meta of with CAPNRICK and SYMMETRIC are two and the five clues that pertain to the five letter answer

As for the "I wouldn't do that to you" I guess this may be particularly annoying to you more than others....