Alternate Endings - 2/19/2023

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Out of the box. It took a couple of nudges, but it's definitely an ingenious puzzle!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
rjy

Post by rjy »

Outta the box! After staring off and on all week, I gave into a gentle nudge that I really shouldn't have needed. Sometimes you get blind spots that just stick.

But wow! What a cool construction, if you stop and think about it from Will's perspective. Fascinating to consider coming up with the initial idea and working backwards. Tip o' the cap, Will!
Ray
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Got nudged out of the box. I'd been assuming something for no good reason and needed to let that go.

Great meta, Will!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

Got the aha from a friendly nudge.

Great meta.. thanks for the puzzle
markhr

Post by markhr »

Guess I'll have to wait for the reveal.
This one has me baffled.
Darth

Post by Darth »

🦕 me! Thanks, Will!
ajk

Post by ajk »

Very cool stuff. Obviously beyond my meager powers. :)
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Wow, read the writeup and still don't understand it.