"Best Intentions" by benchen71

Can you storm the castle by getting across the MOAT? A weekly meta crossword constructed by forum member Ben (aka benchen71). These metas range from relatively easy to more challenging, depending on how many Australianisms he puts in them! Puzzles are posted in a new thread every Tuesday, with nudges appearing on Saturdays, and the solution coming out on Mondays. (At least, that's the plan. Given he lives in Australia, and they are so far ahead of the US time-zone-wise, things may get posted early!)
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Got a huge hint, which I swear I had tried but didn't see anything...but now I do so the moat is debagged.
jhseeman

Post by jhseeman »

Needed dynamite to get my butt across the Moat, but got there a bit worse for the wear.

Thanks Ben, Good one.
rjy

Post by rjy »

Crossed the moat - finally! - but late enough that there just ain't nothing left to pillage. Was flirting with the eventual solution since Tuesday, but needed the nudges to cross the finish line. Thanks Ben!
Ray
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

whimsy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:52 pm Managed to get by this vicious creature --

best castle.png

What's not to like? A favorite of mine, excellent film location, and hey, ducks!

Thanks for a fun puzzle, Ben!
Giant Geese Invade - story at 11. I'm surprised they even got to the castle, the trip is arduous and we know it is a long way to Tipperary
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Crossed the MOAT, avoided the geese, gonna watch the movie! Fun puzzle, though there were some guards on the SE corner of the drawbridge that tried to keep me from getting across.

Was there a special on movie answers this week? Wondering what the MG will be...movie starring Ava (Gardner) perhaps.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

We needed all the nudges but we have crossed the MOAT! Thanks for the fun puzzle @benchen71 !
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Hope you feel better now than you did when you made the puzzle!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

MikeyG wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 pm Hope you feel better now than you did when you made the puzzle!
Much better, thanks!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Still time before the answer reveal. Here's an update of the solver list:

KayW
dplass
ReB
Mr Tex
gamma0577
JHSeeman
rjy
JM
DrTom
Dow Jones
Teamdoubletow
Mikey G

That brings us to 45.
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

No further solvers, so here's the solution to "Best Intentions":

Best Intentions (solution).png
dsbened

Post by dsbened »

Wow, great construction of a meta. Thank you!
Seattle DB