Justice League of America

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
DrTom

Justice League of America

Post by DrTom »

Justice League 4.jpg
Whoops, caught me napping. The events of the last few weeks have upset my normal routine. Anyway, today's MMM is one of my creations, dutifully whipped into shape by Abide. I am going to say it is about a week 2.5-3 difficulty level just because recognizing what I'm thinking may be harder for some (heck even I don't always know what I am thinking so don't judge yourselves by that).

The answer to the meta is what you hope individuals with supreme powers possess.

"Justice League of America" - Crosshare
(NOTE: If you enjoy solving on Crosshare, help keep the site running by donating a few bucks).

Justice League of America PUZ

Justice League of America PDF

Justice League of America spreadsheet

Nudges on Friday, or anytime with a PM.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Justice is served, and so is another great Monday meta! Off the couch but promptly returning to nap.
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Off the couch, with a lot of help from my wife.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Wow. I feel there is one simple thing I that once I crack it it will be very easy but right now.... well, it's not a spoiler to say the hint clue just isn't registering with me in any way right now. It's come.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well, apparently nursery rhymes are not my thing! Someone correctly pointed out that it is NOT the 10th little piggy that had none, it is the 4th. Heck Piggy 10 doesn't even get an honorable mention unless you do it twice and even then he ends up going wee, wee, wee, wee all the way home. It in no way affects the mechanism or the solve. I should have made it "What was left at the end of a famous Agatha Christie play"

I guess I should have toed the line better?
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

Off the couch. Even though I test solved this, many changes were made since then. It was like a brand new puzzle. Even the answer was different!!

Now back to struggling with MGWCC!!
Cindy Heisler
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Off the couch!
Heidi
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Off the couch!

Good fun. Thanks, Dr. Tom!
boharr

Post by boharr »

Off the couch. Thanks DrTom.
Darth

Post by Darth »

OTC. Harley Quinn's living room.
mr_living_room_2_new_58920d8b-0f27-4b00-9829-5a0aa6effeab.jpg
KayW

Post by KayW »

Cinny wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:05 pm Off the couch. Even though I test solved this, many changes were made since then. It was like a brand new puzzle. Even the answer was different!!

Now back to struggling with MGWCC!!
Cinny, you took the words right out of my mouth. Dr. Tom, thanks for giving me a chance to solve all over again!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
KayW

Post by KayW »

DrTom wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:03 pm Well, apparently nursery rhymes are not my thing! Someone correctly pointed out that it is NOT the 10th little piggy that had none, it is the 4th. Heck Piggy 10 doesn't even get an honorable mention unless you do it twice and even then he ends up going wee, wee, wee, wee all the way home. It in no way affects the mechanism or the solve. I should have made it "What was left at the end of a famous Agatha Christie play"

As long as we're making swine confessions... it was only a year or two ago that this city slicker realized that the piggy who "went to market" was NOT going shopping :o :oops:
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

Fun puzzle. And we are off the couch. Alex did most of the work and I assisted with the needed research.
KayW wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:11 pm As long as we're making swine confessions... it was only a year or two ago that this city slicker realized that the piggy who "went to market" was NOT going shopping :o :oops:
What?!... I am saddened to have to reconsider this nursery rhyme in light of this new (to me) information.
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Monday Accounting!

1 Abide
2 Cinny
3 Trypmom
4 Mikey G
5 Hector
6 Dave C
7 hcbirker
8 Gutman
9 Ckochmanski
10 Cindy Weatherman
11 Mmeg
12 Teamdoubletow
13 boharr
14 Darth
15 KayW

Total of 15 couches vacated. Once again, I have come up with somehting I thought was going to be very straightforward and once again I have created a monster. I have a few in the bag that I need to look at for something that does not suggest "pitchforks and torches at DrTom's!!!"
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

KayW wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:11 pm
DrTom wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:03 pm Well, apparently nursery rhymes are not my thing! Someone correctly pointed out that it is NOT the 10th little piggy that had none, it is the 4th. Heck Piggy 10 doesn't even get an honorable mention unless you do it twice and even then he ends up going wee, wee, wee, wee all the way home. It in no way affects the mechanism or the solve. I should have made it "What was left at the end of a famous Agatha Christie play"

As long as we're making swine confessions... it was only a year or two ago that this city slicker realized that the piggy who "went to market" was NOT going shopping :o :oops:
I think the rhyme originally was "This little piggy went to Smithfields"

Now the real game changer was Georgie Porgie who, by all accounts, should be hip deep in #MeToo targeting e-mails or Peter Peter of pumpkin fame who locked up his wife in a shell because he just could not manage her. Imagine also Goosey Gander who is such a religious fanatic that he took an elderly man and threw him down a flight of stairs simply because he would not pray. Oh, and don't even get me started about the three men in the tub or the cruelty that it would take to cook live crows in a pie. Children's tales, indeed!
KayW

Post by KayW »

TeamDoubleTow wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:17 pm What?!... I am saddened to have to reconsider this nursery rhyme in light of this new (to me) information.
I really am SO sorry to be the one to disillusion you. But at the time I found that out, I felt like I was the last person on earth to be let in on that dark “secret”.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

🎃
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

DrTom wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:11 am
KayW wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:11 pm

I think the rhyme originally was "This little piggy went to Smithfields"

Now the real game changer was Georgie Porgie who, by all accounts, should be hip deep in #MeToo targeting e-mails or Peter Peter of pumpkin fame who locked up his wife in a shell because he just could not manage her. Imagine also Goosey Gander who is such a religious fanatic that he took an elderly man and threw him down a flight of stairs simply because he would not pray. Oh, and don't even get me started about the three men in the tub or the cruelty that it would take to cook live crows in a pie. Children's tales, indeed!
"Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!" (DEAD!)
JeanneC

Post by JeanneC »

Off the couch! Go little piggie, go!
“I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions”. Lillian Hellman
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Off the line ---- er, couch!

Untitledpig.png
(Kay - 9th from left)