MikeyG non-meta

Puzzles created by members of Xword-Muggles.com. Here you can post links to puzzles of any kind that you created - crosswords (meta or non-meta), cryptic, variety, word search, number puzzles, riddles, brainteasers and anything else.
whimsy

MikeyG non-meta

Post by whimsy »

@MikeyG has a cute little non-meta over on Crosshare.

https://crosshare.org/crosswords/vKA4gG ... bread-snap

Try it! You'll like it!
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

I'm trying to get better at "fill," which is the non-meta material. Obviously, if it's not a meta, that's the entire puzzle!

I have two metas in the till (I try to work a bit ahead), and I'm working on one last night, and the fill is just not coming. So I'll occasionally work on making minis to help with that.

Keep on puzzling!

Mikey G
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 92. It's a Breeze
ricky

Post by ricky »

I think I'm pretty good at filling non-metas at this point. The keys are practice and not trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. If the fill's bad, and you can't seem to improve it, you have to be prepared to start over with a new grid.

One of my biggest frustrations with constructing metas is that they are much harder to fill, and I really want my fill to be solid in metas too. But it also seems like meta solvers are acclimated to below-average fill, so you don't get much positive feedback for making that effort.
Check out the meta challenge at Lexicon Devil

Latest puzzle: "This Place Looks Familiar," March 7, 2024

Deadline: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 12 PM EST