"I Almost Gave Away The Ending" December 2, 2022

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Ann

Post by Ann »

On the shore!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

It's Sunday! The deadline is only hours away. You know what that means - it's almost time for Isaac's Last Call Zoom. 8PM Eastern tonight for anyone who want to discuss the puzzle - whether you're still at sea and need a nudge, or have good rabbit hole stories to share, or just love seeing people's expressions when the aha moment hits them.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
Secret Adversary

Post by Secret Adversary »

Made it to shore! This was the kind of mechanism that I always hope it is, but it hardly ever is, so it was very pleasing!
Happy to provide nudges if you see that I have solved.
Susan Goldberg

Post by Susan Goldberg »

minimuggle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:52 pm
Susan Goldberg wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:37 pm On shore! And on the way to see Music Man in NYC!
I've seen Music Man twice. It is the best show I have ever seen. ENJOY!!!!! He auctions items off at the end of the show for charity and the other night Nicole Kidman was in the audience and paid $100,000 for the hat he wears in the show. :)
You are so right. It was GREAT! (And Hugh got $60,000 for his hat during our performance - but not from anyone so famous.)
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

BarbaraK wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 pm It's Sunday! The deadline is only hours away. You know what that means - it's almost time for Isaac's Last Call Zoom. 8PM Eastern tonight for anyone who want to discuss the puzzle - whether you're still at sea and need a nudge, or have good rabbit hole stories to share, or just love seeing people's expressions when the aha moment hits them.
Such a nice enthusiastic invitation! It almost sounds like someone else in this group. :)
Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

ship4u wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:19 pm
BarbaraK wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 pm It's Sunday! The deadline is only hours away. You know what that means - it's almost time for Isaac's Last Call Zoom. 8PM Eastern tonight for anyone who want to discuss the puzzle - whether you're still at sea and need a nudge, or have good rabbit hole stories to share, or just love seeing people's expressions when the aha moment hits them.
Such a nice enthusiastic invitation! It almost sounds like someone else in this group. :)
Which is either great or scary - I'll let you decide:)
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
CopperRiver

Post by CopperRiver »

Pretty sure I know the mechanism. Need to figure out how to make it work. On the boat for now.
SoccerMom

Post by SoccerMom »

ship4u wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:36 am The Mercedes SL was a beautifully designed car and a lot of fun. But it lacked the zip of a genuine sport car and was more like driving a miniature open air sedan. Then I was smitten with the most recognizable design ever created and it had it all.
WOW, what a gorgeous car!!! Beautiful lines. I bet that is fun to drive!
Efox999

Post by Efox999 »

Thank you Zoom room for getting me stop digging in my rabbit holes. Once the digging stopped, I had enough strength to swim ashore. This one certainly offered many shovels to dig with....and yet the life raft was in plain sight. :lol: :lol:
Ksoav

Post by Ksoav »

On shore! Although probably missed the final roll call 🙂
PQ63

Post by PQ63 »

Made it to shore. Grey goose martini with a twist.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Good evening muggles

Our final counts are 13 on the ship with 175 on the shore

Making the last tender to shore are

Debbie
EmilyW
Ann
Secret Adversary
Efox999
relic (and Maggie)
PQ63
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
SusieG

Post by SusieG »

Believe it or not, I’m still with Isaac. I am stuck in a rabbit hole that I can’t escape. Frustrating. Good luck to you solvers!
Bonnibel

Post by Bonnibel »

Susan Goldberg wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:19 pm
minimuggle wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:52 pm
Susan Goldberg wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:37 pm On shore! And on the way to see Music Man in NYC!
I've seen Music Man twice. It is the best show I have ever seen. ENJOY!!!!! He auctions items off at the end of the show for charity and the other night Nicole Kidman was in the audience and paid $100,000 for the hat he wears in the show. :)
You are so right. It was GREAT! (And Hugh got $60,000 for his hat during our performance - but not from anyone so famous.)
Saw it 3 weeks ago with my daughter on my birthday. Fantastic show! Hugh Jackman is absolutely phenomenal! Such charisma! And Sutton Foster was the perfect co-star. Show closes Jan1 so I feel lucky to have seen it. In other news I am still on the ship with Isaac - busy weekend with no time for puzzle solving. Ah, well.
🌴🍹
WSJosh

Post by WSJosh »

Ashore at last, enjoying a Cabernet Sauvignon.
sphorning

Post by sphorning »

I'm on shore. Skied today, so got to the meta late. Après-ski fun!
Collegetowngirl

Post by Collegetowngirl »

GOT IT!! So excited.
Inca

Post by Inca »

I don't think I've ever made it to Page 1, but tonight is one of the many times that I am among the latest solvers...again.
escapeartist

Post by escapeartist »

Toes in the sand!

These late Sunday solves are still satisfying - but they still stress me out!
* 2022 WSJ Mug Winner - I bask in its Glory *
Colin

Post by Colin »

MarkWoychick wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:23 pm
Current car: 2005 Acura (3 years new when I got it). I've owned it 15 years and it has 97,000 miles on it, so I think it will surpass the Mazda
Nice! My current car is a 2008 Acura TL-Type S. Had it since new and can’t see me ever getting rid of it. Chose it because a) it looked, still looks and drives great and b) the 5.1 surround sound DVD-Audio sound system - has to be heard to be believed! Unfortunately, it’s the 21st century’s equivalent of the 8-track and I only built a collection of about 20 disks before they became hard to find at a reasonable price. But there is nothing quite like a drive through the hills with Yes playing Cans And Brahms from Fragile on nice and loud to exercise the sub-woofer with those bass church organ pipes!
One world. One planet. One future.