"It Takes Two"

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
Eric Porter

Post by Eric Porter »

Thanks for the reverse nudge. I had of course explored that rabbit hole.

I'm still on the couch and I'll probably stay here a while. I have found 2 instances that must be in the correct rabbit hole, but finding more is proving difficult. I also don't know how to go from there to the answer. As Cap'n Rick suggested in the first post, I'd need to team up with someone to solve it, though at this point more hints are coming soon.
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Eric Porter wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:03 pm Thanks for the reverse nudge. I had of course explored that rabbit hole.

I'm still on the couch and I'll probably stay here a while. I have found 2 instances that must be in the correct rabbit hole, but finding more is proving difficult. I also don't know how to go from there to the answer. As Cap'n Rick suggested in the first post, I'd need to team up with someone to solve it, though at this point more hints are coming soon.
That's right, @Eric Porter. Nudges are on the way very soon, and I have faith that you can solve this meta. In fact, I think you'll crush it. I mean, I can't even picture your not solving it. :D
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
Eric Porter

Post by Eric Porter »

Off the couch now. Turns out that I was a little closer than I'd thought.

Thanks for the puzzle and help @Cap'n Rick
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Eric Porter wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:03 pm Thanks for the reverse nudge. I had of course explored that rabbit hole.

Dang it, I was I'm the same rabbit hole...guess I'll wait for Wednesday nudges.
JeanneC

Post by JeanneC »

Hmmm…guess I need to scatter some carrots!🤔
“I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year’s fashions”. Lillian Hellman
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

Think I’m onto something…
9E90DDF0-6683-4361-A6F7-F4111508F80A.jpeg
Waiting for your nudges, @Cap'n Rick
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Leaderboard Update:

Dannyvee
Schmeel
Eric Porter
lbray53
BrennerTJ
Darrell
Wendy Walker

The 7 Muggles above bring our solver total to 29. Please let me know if I've missed anyone!
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Nudge Wednesday:

Okay @MaineMarge et al, here you go! :D

Remember how good it felt to be reunited back in the 70s?

Six pairs of singing artists (a male and a female) who've done a song together are "reunited" in the grid.

One of my pretesters and fellow constructors commented that "TUNA" was the obvious fill for 58-Down.

Didn't Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston once do a song together called "It Takes Two"?

While "GAYE" and "WESTON' share a common 'E', I wouldn't have been able to camouflage those names as easily. (BTW, those shared letters are important!)

Good luck! Please let me know if you'd like more help.
Last edited by Cap'n Rick on Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
michaelm

Post by michaelm »

Off the couch thanks to Nudge 1.
You're the TTOPs Cap'n Rick!
donutrobot

Post by donutrobot »

off the couch, fun one.
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

Off the couch, but only with the nudges. This was definitely not in my wheelhouse.
Matthew
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Off the couch with the first two nudges. Very clever.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

Off the couch with a hint last night on the Zoom call. Some were not in my wheelhouse at all! Thank you Rick and thank you Google!
Heidi
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

Needed the first two nudges, but I am off the couch! A couple I recognized and the rest I needed Google. It is a pretty awesome puzzle. Thanks!
Cindy Heisler
ajk

Post by ajk »

Needed the first two nudges, but fell quickly after that, though google was definitely required a few times. Fun one, thanks.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Cap'n Rick wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:29 am Nudge Wednesday:

Okay @MaineMarge et al, here you go! :D

Remember how good it felt to be reunited back in the 70s?

Six pairs of singing artists (a male and a female) who've done a song together are "reunited" in the grid.

One of my pretesters and fellow constructors commented that "TUNA" was the obvious fill for 58-Down.

Didn't Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston once do a song together called "It Takes Two"?

While "GAYE" and "WESTON' share a common 'E', I wouldn't have been able to camouflage those names as easily. (Those shared letters are important!)

Good luck! Please let me know if you'd like more help.
Be kind to @MaineMarge as she is getting a foot of snow today
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Bob cruise director wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:15 pm Be kind to @MaineMarge as she is getting a foot of snow today
Winter always comes early Down East. The snow will be gone come July. :D
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Off the couch with 2 nudges (not counting the egduN). Some I knew; some I googled. Thanks, Cap'n Rick!
Cynthia
TeamDoubleTow

Post by TeamDoubleTow »

My solving partner did all the work on this one with just the benefit of the anti nudge. That was very helpful! Thanks for the clever puzzle that revealed things unknown by either of us!
Team DoubleTow=Ali who posts here, Alex & Maya the hound(with occasional assistance from son)
Jade

Post by Jade »

Needed first two nudges, and a fair amount of Googling, but eventually off the couch - great puzzle, Cap'n Rick!