Milestone 2000

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
BrennerTJ

Milestone 2000

Post by BrennerTJ »

Having reached this nice round number, I'm now going to end my streak of daily NYTimes xword completions.
nyt2000.png
-Tamara
MMe

Post by MMe »

For some reason I can't bear doing Mondays and Tuesdays, but I must have violated that policy at least once.
NYTimes_Crosswords_-_Play_Daily_and_Mini_Puzzles_-_NYTimes_com-_The_New_York_Times.jpg
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

Nice job! I think sometimes about blowing a puzzle on purpose right before my auto-renew so I can make a new account and start with fresh stats.

Speaking of...I have some streak weirdness going on right now. At the end of August we had a 3-day power outage and we ended up staying one night in a hotel. At 10 pm as usual I got the next day's crossword on my tablet and did most of it. I finished it the next morning but, as hotels are wont to do, it signed me out of their guest wi-fi overnight and since I was only doing that puzzle on the tablet, I didn't think about the connection. Then we went back to our no-power home and I forgot about it until 10pm that night to do the next one.

So...if I look at my NYT account on my phone or laptop, it shows a break on August 30th and I have a streak of about 50 days, but on the tablet where I successfully completed it while not connected to the internet, my streak is several hundred days long.
BrennerTJ

Post by BrennerTJ »

Here's the follow up image...
nytimes_zero.png
I might continue with Sunday's and probably also the daily mini until my current subscription finishes.
My times were still improving on every day of the week -- I'm not objectively competitive, but I had several personal bests within the past couple of months, which added entertainment to the early days of the week. I also had a weird thing with ipad tally versus regular computer at one point (and still have the email thread where I inquired about it... it was at day 1176).
-Tamara
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

2000 is a round"ish" number. Maybe you should push on to 8000...
BrennerTJ

Post by BrennerTJ »

Joe Ross wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:21 am 2000 is a round"ish" number. Maybe you should push on to 8000...
That woulda been 8-ish times as many levels as I completed on Candy Crush back in the day.
I'm kinda liking 0 as a round number now. :)
-Tamara