"Reaching Across the Aisle"

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

Bird Lives wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:48 am
"and that Usher – the singer – is a personality,"
But in my note to Al, I also noted that Usher was indeed theatre people. Wikipedia tells me he was in Chicago and in some off-Broadway play.
I noted that as well and in my PM to Al, congratulated him for that double whammy!
Ergcat

Post by Ergcat »

Had the mechanism, thought “Usher” early on but couldn’t quite get all the letters ! Oh well, new meta week!
KayW

Post by KayW »

MaineMarge wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:00 am
Bird Lives wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:48 am
"and that Usher – the singer – is a personality,"
But in my note to Al, I also noted that Usher was indeed theatre people. Wikipedia tells me he was in Chicago and in some off-Broadway play.
I noted that as well and in my PM to Al, congratulated him for that double whammy!
I thought of that after the fact... and not having any idea what Usher looks like, was momentarily concerned that he was one of the people in my standing ovation solution post so I quickly googled an image of him JIC :lol:
KayW wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:00 pm Off the couch in a standing ovation - well done, Al!
(this is not a spoiler)
Actually I was kind of disappointed to not see him in it.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.