MGWCC #749 - “Eyes on the Prize”

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

Ah, that hint on the last across would have helped. Fail on the downs only no instructions front for me.
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

SewYoung wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:18 pm At least I can still solve a "Week One" . My track record has been terrible lately on all metas. Grids are no problem, just can't seem to see the ultimate solution these days. .
You are not alone... a dwindling percentage of metas leave me with any ideas on how to solve them, much less the right ideas.... I just treat them more and more like happy bonuses tacked onto doing the grids...
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Am I having some weird browser cache issue, or is there really no Crossword Fiend write-up of MGWCC this week?
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

BarbaraK wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:44 am Am I having some weird browser cache issue, or is there really no Crossword Fiend write-up of MGWCC this week?
Nope; it wasn't there until just now, a full day after the fact, and was written by the eventual Nobelist in meta crossword construction himself...

https://crosswordfiend.com/2022/10/12/m ... ore-142458