36. Top of the Class

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
woozy

Post by woozy »

I've been meaning to thank you for 6D. We need more POGO in *everybody's life.
I guess I should change my signature, and start promoting this meta: Hungry Little Creature. I was going to sent it to people for testing but I dropped the ball on it.
Dow Jones

Post by Dow Jones »

Better late than never. Thanks for the puzzle and the nudges.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

woozy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:21 pm I've been meaning to thank you for 6D. We need more POGO in *everybody's life.
Just ordered a compilation!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 93. Person of Letters
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Ok, now I’m scaring myself. Didn’t need Google for anything and got the mechanism right off (well one little sideline but…). So either I am getting better or we think alike - that ought to scare EVERYONE!

Nice job Mikey!!!

EDIT: Well cocky me! Thought I had it and went to Crosshare which told me "not today smartypants!"

Where had I gone wrong, how could it be....Oh, wait, this is a MikeyG and they always have a masterful twist - now I see it, DOH!
Last edited by DrTom on Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
woozy

Post by woozy »

MikeyG wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:30 pm
woozy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:21 pm I've been meaning to thank you for 6D. We need more POGO in *everybody's life.
Which one. Volume 8 which contains the strips from 1963-1964 is coming out in Oct .... which is just next month, isn't it?
I guess I should change my signature, and start promoting this meta: Hungry Little Creature. I was going to sent it to people for testing but I dropped the ball on it.
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

woozy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:42 pm
MikeyG wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:30 pm
Which one. Volume 8 which contains the strips from 1963-1964 is coming out in Oct .... which is just next month, isn't it?
I think it might have been a "Best Of" one I found on Amazon. I stumbled upon the strip while cluing, and I go down fun rabbit holes cluing. That's when I found it was the source of that famed quote, and I think I realized shortly after putting it in your puzzle that it was your avatar - and I called it!

MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

DrTom wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:39 pm Ok, now I’m scaring myself. Didn’t need Google for anything and got the mechanism right off (well one little sideline but…). So either I am getting better or we think alike - that ought to scare EVERYONE!

Nice job Mikey!!!
This is either really good or really terrifying. :lol:

DrTom

Post by DrTom »

MikeyG wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:02 pm
DrTom wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:39 pm Ok, now I’m scaring myself. Didn’t need Google for anything and got the mechanism right off (well one little sideline but…). So either I am getting better or we think alike - that ought to scare EVERYONE!

Nice job Mikey!!!
This is either really good or really terrifying. :lol:
Oh, I think I know how most folks will respond. ;)
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!