Two for the woozy merry-go-round

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
woozy

Two for the woozy merry-go-round

Post by woozy »

So the MGWCC is late this week.

Here's one I made up last night:

Hoarding distance: The Answer to this meta is a television show that debuted on Amazon Prime in 2022

https://crosshare.org/crosswords/tf4eHS ... g-distance

This is a response to a charming Meta (https://crosshare.org/crosswords/ExvVQV ... -connected) whose answer was a television show that debuted in 2022. Unfortunately (and hardly surprising) I wasn't familiar with the show. Anyway, so here is a my version of a meta of a television show that debuted in 2022. To narrow it down, it debuted on Amazon Prime.
(Now when you find you have never heard of this show you can create a new meta.)
On a completely unrelated note: As per 52D, did anyone know this is the centennial of the German Expressionist Silent classic "Nosferatu"? I certainly never heard anything about it.

As a bonus, this is the one I was going to post on the MEOW last week but at the last minute changed (can you see why) to the one about forgetting my head. This was the second serious attempt at a meta. It's very simple and straightforward unlike any of the metas I have made since.

https://crosshare.org/crosswords/oKCL4B ... uare-meals

This one has a public reveal so there's no real secret or anticipatory challenge to getting the answer. You can check the reveal at any time.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

First one was really smooth on the top half -- I was amazed at how your construction ability has progressed -- Bottom half I was slowed down -- things I didn't know and some woozyisms. :D
Managed to solve but not necessarily as I was meant to. And I think I'm missing out on the meaning of the title.

Second one was delightful!
woozy

Post by woozy »

whimsy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:03 pm First one was really smooth on the top half -- I was amazed at how your construction ability has progressed -- .
Well, to be honest I relied a lot on suggestion by Crosshare.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Yes, I've resorted to that too -- but it helps with the learning!
Fake it till you make it! Not bad advice! :)
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Solved the second one, and now it's on to the first one! Thanks for sharing these metas. You've definitely been busy!

Edit: ...and now I've done the first one. Keep these metas coming!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
edestlin

Post by edestlin »

Based on the theme and prompt, I got the right answer - but no idea on the meta mechanism. I'm trying to backsolve it now. :)
boharr

Post by boharr »

Got it